1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question about transcripts

1. Jun 28, 2013 #1
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to get a 'B' off a high school transcript? Is it even possible? If so, how? Thanks for all the help.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2013 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

The only way I can think of is by taking the course again and even then it may still remain but then you've shown you can do better if you did.

If you're fretting over a B I can only surmse that you are an A student worrying about college where the SAT or ACT will have a bigger impact on getting in with the essay clinching the selection.

4. Jun 28, 2013 #3

eri

Most schools will not let you retake a class if you earned a C or higher in it. No, you can't remove any grades from your transcript. You earned them, and now you have to live with them.

A B is not a bad grade, and will not keep you out of top schools if you are otherwise an outstanding applicant. What will keep you out is being a grade-grubber; colleges really hate dealing with those kids. It's about what you learned, not about the grade you received.

5. Jun 28, 2013 #4
    Oh alright. Getting into top schools would require what? I have been getting A's my freshman and Sophomore year with honors English and honors math both years. As of now I am a upcoming junior in high school taking a college history class (U.S. History) over the summer. That is what I am worried about getting a B in. How bad would that be?

6. Jun 28, 2013 #5

eri

While taking college classes looks good, you're expected to do very well in them if your school thought you were capable of taking them as a high school student. A B isn't bad, but it's not great either. Your school should have explained to you that no matter what you scored in these classes, you must report these grades to future colleges.

Getting into a top school means you need great grades, but the don't need to be perfect grades. You need more than that - you need to find a way to make yourself stand out, hopefully in the field you'll major in. If you're not applying to top schools, than don't worry about it.

7. Jun 28, 2013 #6
    The school had nothing to do with me taking summer school is was a personal decision.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook