1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question about understanding something in laurent series

1. Dec 8, 2013 #1
    So the question I got the represention for both partial fractions after I broke the functions into two partial fraction one I got as 1/3(z + 1) + 2/3(z - 2) and I got laurent series represention for both but I was wondering for |z| < 1 how can they both converge for |z| < 1 are we acctually minusing both series from each other when we did that ? but when I got second series representation for second partial fraction I got - so that's how I understood since we are minusing |z| < 2 from |z| < 1 we get back to |z| < 1 I don't know if my intuition here is correct or wrong. but what if for second partial fraction we get a positive instead of a negative maybe here the negative that we got was by luck or something.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?