Question about win32 programming

• Thread starter Nothing
  • Start date
I have a problem when programming windows, whenever i minimize or invalidate a region inside the window, the content that was on there before was not restored. Is there way to program windows such that it restores what was on there even if i invalidate or restore it after a minimize?

Answers and Replies

Agh, it's been way too long since I did anything with Win32. Sounds like a problem of not repainting. So any like, repainting routines that seem reasonable to call, try those? Sorry I can't be of more help.

I have not done much of win32 programming. But a similar problem is quite evident in java. For example whenever u take a panel graphics and draw an object it would disappear if u resize or min/max - imise.

The way i solved that problem in java was to buffer the objects getting drawn on the window (this idea i used in a paint program of mine). This is only for graphics drawn on panels and stuff. If the components are disappearing, in java i usually add windowfocuslisteners and windowstatelisteners , and then simply call the repaint function.

The point of my post is , if there is anything similar to this in win32 programming u will have solved ur problem.

-- AI