1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question Computer Related

1. Dec 29, 2004 #1
    Hi this site i regularly go to just got hacked and after or while it was when you tried to go to the site you would get the message :

"Simiens Crew 2004/2005 po um Mundo Melhor, Enquanto Houver Fome Guerra Morte Simiens Existira, Greetz Delphiboy pitt3r s8ldier "

Does anyone know what this message means or if it is at all able to be used to find out who the hacker(s) are. Also if there is any other way that you can find out who a hacker is afterwards. Thanks.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 30, 2004 #2

Homework Helper

I would guess the hackers to be "Simiens Crew". It looks like very mispelled or 'leetspeak Spanish, but no guarantees on that.

Edit: I googled for them. It appears they've been busy little... uhh, "beavers". There are a couple of message boards discussing them. Try a google and you may find someone who can give you more information.

Edit 2: It's Portuguese. The message on one of the hacked sites says (according to Babelfish):

While it will have hunger and war simiens exists!

Which I take to mean they intend to continue to exist as long as there's hunger and war. Somebody seriously needs a life.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2004
  4. Dec 30, 2004 #3
    Ok thanks for that bit of help.
  5. Jan 5, 2005 #4

Homework Helper

A bit more information, if a trifle late:

ZoneH reports some 18000 attacks by these people. The most recent 600, linked here, are in the past three days. They seem to concentrate on Korean servers, and all of them (as far as I can tell) are running Linux.
  6. Jan 5, 2005 #5
    Ya i had found that site, thanks though! It seems like there isnt any way to catch these guys.
  7. Feb 3, 2005 #6
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?