How Do You Solve Joint Density Functions for Marginals and Expectations?

• Thread starter im.4.who
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about someone asking for help with their homework on finding the marginal and expected values of continuous random variables with joint density. They have attempted to integrate x and y together, but are unsure if this is the correct method. They also mention needing help with solving for three variables when they only know how to solve for two.
im.4.who
hiii every body

i have Home Work could some one help me to solve this Question" or give me the guide

X, Y and Z are continuous random variables with joint density

F(x,y,z)= {(3/32 x^2) y+[1/48(x+y)z For 0<x<2,
0<y<1
0<z<4
elswhere =0

1) find the marginal of x,y and z
2)find E(x), E(y) and E(z)

Physics news on Phys.org
im.4.who said:
hiii every body

i have Home Work could some one help me to solve this Question" or give me the guide

X, Y and Z are continuous random variables with joint density

F(x,y,z)= {(3/32 x^2) y+[1/48(x+y)z For 0<x<2,
0<y<1
0<z<4
elswhere =0

1) find the marginal of x,y and z

Someone shortly will tell you to post this in the homework section. To get the expectation of x integrate the x*F(x,y,z) over the domain. I forgot what the marginal is but looking at wikipedia it seems to be the distribution of a subset of the other random variables. So I presume to get the marginal in tems of x you integrate out the y and z variables.

John Creighto thank u dear

Apologize to forget to provide attempt part:

1) find the marginal of x,y and z:
i have try to integrate x and y together
then the result be numbers with i reintegrate z to find the result
i don't know if this way is true
this question provide with 3 variable and i know only to solve by 2 variable

someone help me please

1. What exactly do you need help with?

In order for someone to assist you, it is important to clearly state what you need help with. Be specific and provide all necessary details.

2. Have you tried researching or troubleshooting the issue yourself?

Before seeking help from others, it is always a good idea to try and find a solution on your own. This can save time and also help you better understand the problem.

3. Can you provide any background information or context?

In order to fully understand the issue and provide effective help, it is important to know the context and background information. This can include any relevant data, previous attempts at solving the problem, and any other relevant details.

4. Are there any specific requirements or constraints for the solution?

If you are seeking help for a project or task, it is important to specify any specific requirements or constraints that need to be considered in the solution. This can help the person assisting you provide a more tailored and accurate response.

5. How urgent is your need for help?

If you have a specific deadline or time constraint, it is important to communicate this when seeking help. This will help the person assisting you prioritize and provide a timely response.