Question for Moderators of Homework Section

• Thread starter hotvette
  • Start date
In summary: The first reason is because if I were to do this, I would want to start from the beginning, which means I would have to do a "Book" on this thing. And I'm not ready for that sort of commitment! :rofl: The second reason is because I'm not sure how we would post this thing. It's not exactly like writing an article. It's more like writing a book! So I'm not sure how to post something that large. The third reason is because I'm not sure what the value of doing this is if nobody would read it. I mean, we have lots of articles that people can read, and we still get the same
Gokul43201 said:
I've added hotvette's files into the HW discussion thread in Gen Physics. This also contains Marlon's and arildno's tutorials.

Many thanks for this. Time will tell whether it ends up being useful to anyone...

Physics news on Phys.org
Gokul43201 said:

This is a great way to crisply summarize available tutorials and how to get to them! Is there any chance the PF staff would be willing to put what is inside the above quote as a sticky in the Homework Section with a title of 'Tutorials'?

It seems to me there would be more 'hits' if a sticky with this title were in front of the faces of the students. Also, if additional PF staff approved tutorials were to be created, the sticky could be edited to add another line item. Anyway, just a suggestion...:shy:

Hotvette, if I'm not mistaken, the PF staff are currently engaging in discussions of, among other things, how best to incorporate the tutorials into the Science Education Zone.

Gokul43201 said:
Hotvette, if I'm not mistaken, the PF staff are currently engaging in discussions of, among other things, how best to incorporate the tutorials into the Science Education Zone.
Not mistaken at all. We're already discussing the next remodeling project, and are drawing up the blueprints with tutorials in mind. :wink:

Yes, it's true.

Hotvette, by all means keep doing what you're doing for as long as you care to. Just because we've been quiet here, it doesn't mean that we aren't watching and approving. It's just that lately we seem to be "in conference" so much in the Mentor's Private Forum.

OK, thanks for the feedback. Maybe this tutorial can be a trial run for a while to see if it really helps anybody out.

With the reorganization of the Science Education Zone, we now have a forum dedicated to tutorials. I've moved the post in this thread containing the final version of the tutorial as a new thread there. The new location is:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=93670

If anyone else is inspired to prepare tutorials, please make use of the new forum. :smile: