Question for the Brits

• Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
In summary: Prince Charles has a green onion pinned to his chest (at about 0:40 into the video)?To symbolize the press leek that caused the homecoming.
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not a Brit, but http://nzdwfc.tetrap.com/archive/tsv10/celery.html" [Broken] maybe? (Just kidding.)

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl:

...does it offend you?

Why does he have long hair? Hes in the army, he should have a buzz cut.

No joke. Prince Charles has a green onion strapped down to his lapel. (We need a :blankface: emoticon for just such occasions.)

lisab said:
Could someone please tell me why Prince Charles has a green onion pinned to his chest (at about 0:40 into the video)?

To symbolize the press leek that caused the homecoming. :biggrin:

Actually, because it is (was) the day of my father's patron Saint.

George Jones said:
To symbolize the press leek that caused the homecoming. :biggrin:
\
:rolleyes::rofl::rofl:

George Jones said:
Actually, because it is (was) the day of my father's patron Saint.
Which Saint is that?

Evo said:
Which Saint is that?

David.

There's a Saint David? When I went to Confirmation, my priest told me there was no Saint David. =/

George Jones said:
David.

Ah - I get it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_David

"Saint David (c. 500–589) (known in Welsh as Dewi Sant) was a church official, later regarded as a saint and as the patron saint of Wales...

...He lived a simple life and practiced asceticism, teaching his followers to refrain from eating meat or drinking beer. His symbol, also the symbol of Wales, is the leek."

And as we all know, Prince Charles is the Prince of Wales. Dots connected!

Well, I tell you what, British leeks look an awful lot like American green onions, that's for sure.

(Life without meat or beer...?)

lisab said:
(Life without meat or beer...?)

I know. How terribly un-British.

1. What is the "Question for the Brits"?

The "Question for the Brits" is a phrase often used to refer to a question specifically directed towards people from the United Kingdom or with British heritage.

2. Is this question only for British scientists?

No, anyone can ask or answer a "Question for the Brits". It is not limited to only British scientists.

3. Why is it important to specify that a question is for the Brits?

Asking a question specifically for the Brits allows for a more targeted and accurate answer, as cultural and societal differences may play a role in certain topics or issues. It also allows for a better understanding and perspective from those with British backgrounds.

4. Can non-British scientists still contribute to the discussion?

Yes, non-British scientists can still contribute to the discussion. In fact, it can be beneficial to have a diverse range of perspectives on a "Question for the Brits".

5. Are there any specific etiquette or guidelines for asking a "Question for the Brits"?

It is always important to be respectful and considerate when asking any question. It is also recommended to do some research beforehand and phrase the question in a clear and concise manner to facilitate a productive and informative discussion.