Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question for the moderators

1. Apr 5, 2007 #1
    I'm sure you guys browse all of the forums. So maybe you can answer my question. I want to know what a Gunnplexer is. Which forum would be my best bet for getting a good answer?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 5, 2007 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Well, I had no idea what it is, so googled it and the first hit was this: http://www.altair.org/projects/gunnfaq.txt I don't know whether that will help. If you need more info, I bet berkeman or one of the other electrical engineers will be able to assist.
  4. Apr 5, 2007 #3
    Thanks, I'll try the EE forum
  5. Apr 5, 2007 #4

Staff: Mentor

Interesting. I narrowed the google search with gunnplexer tutorial, and got some good hits. Apparently there is a classic book written by HAM W4UCH Robert Richardson, "The Gunnplexer Cookbook" which would probably be of help for actionintegral.

actionintegral -- the EE forum is probably the best place to start your thread. Maybe look over the hits that you get from googling gunnplexer tutorial, and see if you can find a copy of that book. It's from 1981, though, so it won't have info on any recent developments.
  6. Apr 5, 2007 #5
    Hi Berkeman,

Judging by your signature, you might be able to shed some light. The experiment is on www.altair.org and the guy seems to be a HAM enthusiast. I sent him an email asking for a starting point.
  7. Apr 5, 2007 #6

Staff: Mentor

I didn't get much in a quick skim of the link that cristo posted for altair, but I went to the ARRL.org website (the main HAM radio organization), and did a search on Gunnplexer. I got some great hits, but the best ones were in the ARRL members-only area, so I can't post links to them here. :blushing:

But I cut out the "Resources and Links" section from the best article (I'm pretty sure it's okay for me to do that), and I'll post that here to get you some good pointers. Looks to be interesting stuff. I couldn't tell from a quick read if you need a HAM license to transmit on the X-band that keeps getting mentioned for these Gunnplexer transceivers, but I'm sure that's covered in the links below. Feel free to PM me if you have HAM related questions.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?