Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question for the mods

1. Jan 3, 2005 #1
    Will I get banned if I deny the Holocaust on the Political subforum?

Just curious... :rolleyes:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 3, 2005 #2

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

If u bring credible arguments to support your statements,why not...?? :tongue2:

Daniel.

PS.In what country??In the Nazi Germany??In that case,you'd better come up with some video shootings showing those Jews were actually enjoing themselves as having the time of their lives... :rolleyes:

4. Jan 3, 2005 #3
    Well it's just there are alot of forums that ban people for it with the excuse of "Hate talk" or something.

I'm not actually going to post anything I was just wondering if this forum has had any experience with this.

5. Jan 3, 2005 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

There have been a couple in the past. The threads usually get locked because they get out of control.

6. Jan 3, 2005 #5
    Promise you won't ban me? o:)

7. Jan 3, 2005 #6

russ_watters

We can't promise something like that, but the odds are extremely unlikely that you could get yourself banned. Getting banned requires (generally) persistent, abusive behavior. Just posting highly controversial (to be generous) material won't do it.

That said, have a thick skin and be ready for a negative reaction - not the least of which will come from me...

8. Jan 3, 2005 #7

Evo

No. :biggrin: If you go out of control, I can't promise anything.

Denying the holocaust is like denying a tsunami hit Sri Lanka. You can deny it all you want but you can't erase the past. I've read the "holocaust denial" garbage, unbelievable.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  9. Jan 3, 2005 #8

russ_watters

In fact, maybe Skepticism and Debunking would be a better place for it? And it would save Evo the trouble of watching the thread... (sorry Ivan).

Smurf, if you ever have occasion to visit Washington, DC, you should make a point to visit the Holocaust museum.

10. Jan 4, 2005 #9

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

*shudder*

I get ill walking by that place.

Everyone should see it _once_ though.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?