Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question for those who own TI-83 Plus(or higher)Calculators

Tags:
  1. Jan 9, 2005 #1
    i was wondering if anyone was kind enough to help me out a bit, with finding the manufacturer's warranty information. i was told that the TI-83 Plus, as well as the other calculators made by the Texas Instruments company have a one year warranty, but i just don't have a clue as to where i can read up a bit on it to see how they cover their products (ie product replacements under which conditions, etc).

if anyone can help with a link or anything on how they cover their calculators, more specifically the TI-83 Plus, I'd appreciate it greatly.

thank you :)

P.S. I also checked on their website, but apparently i couldn't find anything.

www.education.ti.com

that's the one i went to, but i was unsuccessful in finding anything.

thanks again, in advance. :)

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 9, 2005 #2

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

Try using the search form next time:

http://support.education.ti.com/SRV...ase29,St=97,E=0000000000002238693,K=541,Sxi=6

Warranty on TI Products Purchased in the United States.

Solution

* What is the warranty on TI products purchased in the United States?

TI products purchased in the USA are covered by a one-year warranty based on the date of purchase. Units are warranted against defective materials or workmanship. This warranty is void if the product has been damaged by accident, unreasonable use, neglect, improper service, or other causes not arising from defects in material or workmanship.

In Warranty Return Procedure

For a calculator under warranty, send the calculator, a copy of the receipt and a letter explaining the failure or damage to the following address:

Texas Instruments
    ATTN: Service Department
    13601 Independence Parkway
    Suite 200
    Fort Worth, TX 76177

It is recommended that any product sent to the service department be shipped via trackable mail. Send the calculator only. Please DO NOT include the slide case, manuals, accessories, data cables, batteries, etc. The calculator will be replaced with a reconditioned calculator that will be in warranty for the remainder of the original warranty period, or for six months, whichever is longer. Note: Proof of purchase is required to receive an in warranty replacement.

Out of Warranty Return Procedure

If the calculator is out of warranty, please call 1-800-TI-CARES (1-800-842-2737) M-TH 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM FRI 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM Central Standard Time or send an email to ti-cares@ti.com for information regarding the service charge. The replacement charge for an out of warranty graphing calculator will range between $45.00 and $100.00.

4. Jan 10, 2005 #3
    Thanks a lot. :-)

I appreciate your help greatly.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?