Question for those who own TI-83 Plus(or higher)Calculators

• Calculators
  • Thread starter mathzeroh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ti-83
In summary, the TI-83 Plus has a one year warranty and can be returned to the service department for a repair or a new calculator.
mathzeroh
i was wondering if anyone was kind enough to help me out a bit, with finding the manufacturer's warranty information. i was told that the TI-83 Plus, as well as the other calculators made by the Texas Instruments company have a one year warranty, but i just don't have a clue as to where i can read up a bit on it to see how they cover their products (ie product replacements under which conditions, etc).

if anyone can help with a link or anything on how they cover their calculators, more specifically the TI-83 Plus, I'd appreciate it greatly.

thank you :)

P.S. I also checked on their website, but apparently i couldn't find anything.

www.education.ti.com

that's the one i went to, but i was unsuccessful in finding anything.

thanks again, in advance. :)

Computer science news on Phys.org
Try using the search form next time:

http://support.education.ti.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?LBound=Case29,St=97,E=0000000000002238693,K=541,Sxi=6

Warranty on TI Products Purchased in the United States.

Solution

* What is the warranty on TI products purchased in the United States?

TI products purchased in the USA are covered by a one-year warranty based on the date of purchase. Units are warranted against defective materials or workmanship. This warranty is void if the product has been damaged by accident, unreasonable use, neglect, improper service, or other causes not arising from defects in material or workmanship.

In Warranty Return Procedure

For a calculator under warranty, send the calculator, a copy of the receipt and a letter explaining the failure or damage to the following address:

Texas Instruments
ATTN: Service Department
13601 Independence Parkway
Suite 200
Fort Worth, TX 76177

It is recommended that any product sent to the service department be shipped via trackable mail. Send the calculator only. Please DO NOT include the slide case, manuals, accessories, data cables, batteries, etc. The calculator will be replaced with a reconditioned calculator that will be in warranty for the remainder of the original warranty period, or for six months, whichever is longer. Note: Proof of purchase is required to receive an in warranty replacement.

Out of Warranty Return Procedure

If the calculator is out of warranty, please call 1-800-TI-CARES (1-800-842-2737) M-TH 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM FRI 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM Central Standard Time or send an email to ti-cares@ti.com for information regarding the service charge. The replacement charge for an out of warranty graphing calculator will range between $45.00 and $100.00.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot. :-)

I appreciate your help greatly.

1. What is the difference between the TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus calculators?

The TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus calculators are very similar in terms of functionality and features. The main difference is that the TI-84 Plus has a slightly larger screen and more memory, allowing for more programs and data to be stored.

2. Can I use my TI-83 Plus calculator on standardized tests?

Yes, the TI-83 Plus calculator is approved for use on most standardized tests, including the SAT, ACT, and AP exams. However, it's always best to check with your test administrator to make sure.

3. Can I connect my TI-83 Plus calculator to a computer?

Yes, you can connect your TI-83 Plus calculator to a computer using a USB cable. This allows you to transfer data and programs between your calculator and computer.

4. How do I graph equations on my TI-83 Plus calculator?

To graph an equation on your TI-83 Plus calculator, press the "Y=" button and enter the equation using the variables X and Y. Then, press the "GRAPH" button to display the graph on the screen.

5. Is there a way to update the software on my TI-83 Plus calculator?

Yes, you can update the software on your TI-83 Plus calculator by downloading the latest operating system from the Texas Instruments website and transferring it to your calculator using a USB cable.