How to Verify SUSY Invariance for Kinetic Terms in Wess and Bagger?

• Thread starter need_help
  • Start date
In summary, to check the susy invariance of the kinetic term, you must take the variation of each part under the susy transformation and combine them together using the susy transformations for the fields.
need_help
Hello, i try to solve the exercise in Wess and bagger. chapter 7, exercise 8. (its on page 50)
I compute the transformation laws correctly(its on the book) and check the susy invariant for
pure yang-mills term. (terms relate with W and W ¯)
However, during the calculating susy invariant for the rescaling (V →2gV) kinetic term, i got trouble.
what i want to check is
Φ + e 2gV Φ| = F∗ F − |D m A| ^2 − i ¯ ψ¯ σ m ˜ D m ψ + i √ 2g(A ∗ T a ψλ a − ¯ λ a T a A ¯ ψ) + gD a T a A ∗ A
is invariant under susy transformation.

I know this term is invariant under susy, but my calculation mess up and couldn't get right answer.
Is there anyone can show the details for this calculations? or give some calculation tips for this variations? I try to collect the D term and F term to make it vanish but still the other term survives...

Physics news on Phys.org
To check the susy invariance of the kinetic term, you have to take the variation of each part under the susy transformation. For the first part, F*F, the variation is given by:δ(F∗F) = 2F∗ δF + δF∗FFor the second part, |Dm A| ^2, the variation is given by:δ(|Dm A| ^2) = 2(Dm A) δ(Dm A) + δ(Dm A) (Dm A)For the third part, i ¯ ψ¯ σ m ˜ D m ψ, the variation is given by:δ(i ¯ ψ¯ σ m ˜ D m ψ) = i ¯ ψ¯ σ m ˜ δ(D m ψ) + δ(¯ ψ¯) σ m ˜ D m ψFor the fourth part, i √ 2g(A ∗ T a ψλ a − ¯ λ a T a A ¯ ψ), the variation is given by:δ(i √ 2g(A ∗ T a ψλ a − ¯ λ a T a A ¯ ψ)) = i √ 2g(A ∗ T a δ(ψλ a) − δ(¯ λ a) T a A ¯ ψ)For the fifth part, gD a T a A ∗ A, the variation is given by:δ(gD a T a A ∗ A) = gD a T a (δA ∗ A + A ∗ δA)By combining all the variations together and using the susy transformations for the fields, you can show that the kinetic term is indeed invariant under susy transformation.

1. What is "Question in wess and bagger"?

"Question in wess and bagger" is a research method developed by sociologists Howard Wess and David Bagger. It involves asking open-ended questions in order to gain a deeper understanding of a particular topic or issue.

2. How is "Question in wess and bagger" different from other research methods?

"Question in wess and bagger" is different from other research methods, such as surveys or experiments, because it focuses on qualitative data rather than quantitative data. It allows for a more in-depth exploration of a topic and can provide rich insights and understanding.

3. What are the benefits of using "Question in wess and bagger" in research?

Using "Question in wess and bagger" in research allows for a more personal and nuanced understanding of a topic. It also allows for the exploration of multiple perspectives and can uncover unexpected insights. Additionally, it can be a more ethical approach as it gives participants a voice and allows them to share their experiences.

4. What are some limitations of "Question in wess and bagger"?

One limitation of "Question in wess and bagger" is that it can be time-consuming and resource-intensive. It also requires a skilled researcher to conduct and analyze the data. Additionally, the results may not be generalizable to a larger population as the sample size is often small.

5. How can "Question in wess and bagger" be used in real-world applications?

"Question in wess and bagger" can be used in a variety of real-world applications, such as market research, social sciences, and healthcare. It can be used to gain a deeper understanding of consumer behavior, societal issues, and patient experiences. It can also be used in program evaluation to assess the effectiveness of interventions or programs.