Question Is it possible to have energy going from the body without touching it

In summary, it is possible to have energy from the kinetic energy of a dynamic body without touching it, as demonstrated by examples such as passing a charged particle through a loop of wire or harnessing heat from a body. This energy can also be transferred through a vacuum, as demonstrated by electromagnetic radiation, heat, and magnetic and electric fields. However, this does not mean that an object in space will provide infinite power as energy must still be extracted from it, which will inevitably lead to a decrease in its kinetic energy. Attempting to break fundamental laws such as conservation of energy is not only impossible but also against forum policy.
shobat
question Is it possible to have energy going from the body without touching it (without Influence the forces of friction) please i need answers

Physics news on Phys.org
Anything warm will emit radiation. For example, the sun.

There is also the noticeable "zap" of a static electric shock wherein charges are attempting to neutralize each other. There's a lot of heat in that itty-bitty spark.

you didnt understand what i mean i was speaking about having energy from the Kinetic energy of a dynamic body not from heat or other things.

You didn't explain yourself...and I'm still not sure of what the constraints are, but I'd still say yes in that anything from breathing to throwing an object can alter your kinetic energy. This is most noticeable with astronauts in space.

shobat said:
question Is it possible to have energy going from the body without touching it (without Influence the forces of friction) please i need answers

shobat said:
you didnt understand what i mean i was speaking about having energy from the Kinetic energy of a dynamic body not from heat or other things.

It is hard to "understand" what you are saying when you didn't say it. There was no inference to " kinetic energy of a dynamic body" in your original post.

Once can certainly get a transfer of energy from the kinetic energy of a body without touching it. Pass a charged particle through a loop of wire. Without "touching" the particle, you've harness its energy of motion via the inducted current in the loop of wire.

Furthermore, as has been stated, one can get heat from a body. And if you've looked a little bit deeper into thermodynamics, you would have known that heat is nothing more than kinetic energy.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
It is hard to "understand" what you are saying when you didn't say it. There was no inference to " kinetic energy of a dynamic body" in your original post.

Once can certainly get a transfer of energy from the kinetic energy of a body without touching it. Pass a charged particle through a loop of wire. Without "touching" the particle, you've harness its energy of motion via the inducted current in the loop of wire.

Furthermore, as has been stated, one can get heat from a body. And if you've looked a little bit deeper into thermodynamics, you would have known that heat is nothing more than kinetic energy.

Zz.
in this case if put this dynamic object in a vacuum can we still have that energy without touching or without decrease the kinetic energy of that object ??

shobat said:
in this case if put this dynamic object in a vacuum can we still have that energy without touching or without decrease the kinetic energy of that object ??

1. EM radiation travels through vacuum.

2. Heat in the form of IR is a form of EM radiation

3. Magnetic field and electric field are also radiation that can travel through vacuum.

If you noticed, none of the responses you received here make any inferences that one needs a medium for such energy transfer.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
1. EM radiation travels through vacuum.

2. Heat in the form of IR is a form of EM radiation

3. Magnetic field and electric field are also radiation that can travel through vacuum.

If you noticed, none of the responses you received here make any inferences that one needs a medium for such energy transfer.

Zz.
is that mean if we put an object in the space and make it moving around itself it will give as un Infinite power ?because this object will never stop moving in the space if we didnt touch it!

It's still not exactly clear what you mean, specifically, but if the moving object influences another object (e.g. we've got a moving magnet and a nearby piece of steel), the mutual force could cause the magnet to slow down and the steel object to speed up. Energy is conserved so some is lost by the first object and gained by the second - no violations of any fundamental laws.

Or you could have a rock, trapped by gravity by a group of other rocks. Their final energy (and momentum) would stay the same. I think you may be suggesting (above) that an object could be captured and go into orbit and that would represent "infinite Power" (? did you mean energy??). Once in orbit, the energy just stays there (stored) and doesn't represent an infinite source of energy - if the object falls into the planet's surface the energy's all used up.

shobat said:
is that mean if we put an object in the space and make it moving around itself it will give as un Infinite power ?because this object will never stop moving in the space if we didnt touch it!
If you don't make physical contact with it, how will you extract power from it?

For example, magnetically? If you decide to make it part of a magnetic motor, the magnets will act upon the object to change its motion.

DaveC426913 said:
If you don't make physical contact with it, how will you extract power from it?

For example, magnetically? If you decide to make it part of a magnetic motor, the magnets will act upon the object to change its motion.

thats what i need to know i need to have power without slowing down the object is there any way to do this??

shobat said:
thats what i need to know i need to have power without slowing down the object is there any way to do this??

Of course not.
It's a Science Fiction concept - not the real world. Don't even bother to try to get around such a fundamental principle. It's actually against Forum Policy!

shobat said:

This is Newton's 3rd Law. If the object interacts with something, that something also interacts with the object. If you are thinking of breaking conservation laws, I would suggest you find some other hobbies to occupy your time.

Zz.

There's always gravity. Long distance satellites can slingshot around planets, extracting energy from a planet's kinetic energy by slowing the planet a tiny amount, while speeding up the satellite by a lot.

shobat said:
thats what i need to know i need to have power...

You need to have this?

Care to share a little more?

But no. It can't be done.

calm down people!am just asking here!?
(i know this is madness!)i think i found a stupid crazy way to break Newtons law but am not sure its going to work(i am not a scientist) if We benefited from the Change of magnetic flux We may be able to obtain electric current Trd i don't know if this way going to work??i need to know that from you!

shobat said:
(i know this is madness!)i think i found a stupid crazy way to break Newtons law but am not sure its going to work(i am not a scientist) if We benefited from the Change of magnetic flux We may be able to obtain electric current Trd i don't know if this way going to work??i need to know that from you!

Your scenario is poorly described, and this is the pattern from the very beginning. There is no way anyone can tell you why it can't work from such a scant description.

And if you are invoking magnetic flux, you need to not only understand Newton's Laws, but also Maxwell equations that describe EM phenomenon.

Do yourself a favor. Find a bar magnet, and try to push it through a coil of wire, such a solenoid. This is something we often ask students to investigate in high school physics classes or even college intro physics. You'll find that even though you can generate current by moving the magnet in and out of the solenoid, you'll realize that you have to PUSH or PULL the magnet at the same time because of an induced "resistance" (Lenz's Law). In other words, you have to do work to generate such a current in the coil. This is what I meant earlier when I said that not only does the body interact with something, that something also interacts with the body.

Zz.

Last edited:
ZapperZ said:
Your scenario is poorly described, and this is the pattern from the very beginning. There is no way anyone can tell you why it can't work from such a scant description.

And if you are invoking magnetic flux, you need to not only understand Newton's Laws, but also Maxwell equations that describe EM phenomenon.

Do yourself a favor. Find a bar magnet, and try to push it through a coil of wire, such a solenoid. This is something we often ask students to investigate in high school physics classes or even college intro physics. You'll find that even though you can generate current by moving the magnet in and out of the solenoid, you'll realize that you have to PUSH or PULL the magnet at the same time because of an induced "resistance" (Lenz's Law). In other work, you have to do work to generate such a current in the coil. This is what I meant earlier when I said that not only does the body interact with something, that something also interacts with the body.
Zz.
Im very sorry i forgat about lenz law and eddy currents i will review my scenario from the begnning

shobat said:

We should calm down, yes. :biggrin:
Let's do a survey of exclamation marks!1!

Danger said:
I must plead total ignorance here. What on Earth does that picture represent? My first thought was Mesmerism, but that doesn't fit with the topic at hand. :confused:

Seriously? bolts of mind-control power coming out of someone's eyes (or fingertips... somewhere from their body) compelling you to do their bidding doesn't count?

1. Is it possible for energy to be transferred without physical contact?

Yes, it is possible for energy to be transferred without physical contact. This phenomenon is known as non-contact energy transfer, and it occurs through various forms such as electromagnetic radiation, sound waves, and gravitational waves.

2. Can energy be transferred through empty space?

Yes, energy can be transferred through empty space. This is known as radiation, where energy is carried by electromagnetic waves that can travel through a vacuum.

3. How does non-contact energy transfer occur?

Non-contact energy transfer occurs through the exchange of energy between particles or objects that are not in direct physical contact with each other. This can happen through fields, such as electric or magnetic fields, or through waves, such as light or sound waves.

4. What are some practical applications of non-contact energy transfer?

Some practical applications of non-contact energy transfer include wireless charging of electronic devices, radio and television broadcasting, and medical imaging techniques such as MRI scans.

5. Are there any risks associated with non-contact energy transfer?

Like any form of energy, non-contact energy transfer can have potential risks if not used properly. For example, exposure to high levels of electromagnetic radiation from sources such as power lines or cell phones can have health effects. It is important to follow safety guidelines and regulations when using non-contact energy transfer technologies.