Question on Why My Thread was "Closed" Earlier?

• Thread starter bballwaterboy
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a closed thread on the topic of printing money and inflation. The person who started the thread is curious as to why it was closed and would like to continue the discussion. They are advised to send a private message to the moderator for further clarification.
bballwaterboy
https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...printing-money-inflation.849289/#post-5325796

Just a quick question as to why my thread was closed above?

I was away for the holidays and had final exams recently, so was slightly slow to respond, but when I finally got back to it today, it was closed (despite having what seemed like an interesting discussion).

Just curious is all...and would love to be able to still respond/dialogue in the thread if still possible. Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
bballwaterboy said:
https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...printing-money-inflation.849289/#post-5325796

Just a quick question as to why my thread was closed above?

I was away for the holidays and had final exams recently, so was slightly slow to respond, but when I finally got back to it today, it was closed (despite having what seemed like an interesting discussion).

Just curious is all...and would love to be able to still respond/dialogue in the thread if still possible. Thanks!
You should send a PM to the moderator who closed it.

1. Why was my thread closed?

There could be several reasons why your thread was closed. It could be because it violated the forum's rules and guidelines, it was deemed as spam or irrelevant, or it was resolved and no longer needed further discussion.

2. Can I reopen my closed thread?

In most cases, closed threads cannot be reopened. However, you can always start a new thread on the same topic and continue the discussion.

3. Who closed my thread?

Typically, forum moderators or administrators have the authority to close threads. They may have deemed it necessary to close the thread based on certain criteria.

4. Can I appeal for my thread to be reopened?

You can try contacting the forum moderators or administrators and explain your reasoning for wanting the thread to be reopened. However, the final decision will ultimately depend on their discretion.

5. What should I do if I disagree with my thread being closed?

If you feel that your thread was closed unfairly, you can reach out to the forum moderators or administrators to discuss the issue. However, it is important to remember that they have the final say in the matter.