Questions about Bezier Curve

• Thread starter Boogieface
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Curve
What specific anomalies are you seeing and what do you think could be causing them? Are you familiar with the concept of a bezier curve and its properties? In summary, a student is working on an investigation about bezier curves and was given 4 points and a t value of 0.2. They were asked to use different values of t and explain any anomalies and their significance, but are unsure how to do so. They have formed a curve by connecting the points and are seeking suggestions. They have also been referred to a helpful Wikipedia article and asked for more information about the specific anomalies they are seeing.
Boogieface

Homework Statement

I am working on an investigation about bezier curve. Given 4 points (starting point, ending point and two different control points). 0.2 was my given t value. One of the tasks was using different value of a parameter t such as 0.3, 0.5, 0.75 and 0.9. I was asked to explain the anomalies and the significance of those value of t. But I don't quite know how to explain and what I really should be looking for, can anyone please give me some suggestions?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

After finding different points of P, I connected them and formed a curve. I reckon the curve is the resultant curve.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi! If you haven't looked yet, this Wikipedia article section is a lot of help.

As for your questions, could you perhaps provide a little more information?

1. What is a Bezier curve?

A Bezier curve is a type of mathematical curve used in computer graphics and design. It is defined by a set of control points that determine its shape and can be used to create smooth, curved lines.

2. How is a Bezier curve different from other types of curves?

Bezier curves are different from other types of curves because they are defined by control points, rather than mathematical equations. This allows for more control over the shape and smoothness of the curve.

3. What are the applications of Bezier curves?

Bezier curves are commonly used in computer graphics, such as in the creation of fonts or in 3D modeling. They are also used in design software, such as Adobe Illustrator, to create smooth lines and shapes.

4. How are Bezier curves calculated?

Bezier curves are calculated using a mathematical formula called the Bernstein polynomial. This formula takes into account the control points and calculates the position of each point along the curve.

5. Can Bezier curves be used to create complex shapes?

Yes, Bezier curves can be used to create complex shapes by using multiple curves and control points. By connecting these curves together, designers can create intricate and detailed shapes with smooth, curved lines.