Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions about Carbon Nanotubes

1. Jul 20, 2009 #1
    Anyone know a good source to learn more about them. Recently I was watching a video at www.ted.com and a speaker purposed interesting concepts about single layer carbon nanotubes.

Questions I have:
    Acceleration of particles(The speaker said something about accelerating particles using the tubes)
    Could I accelerate molecules or atoms through them?
    How does exposing oxygen to the nanotubes that are semiconductors effect their type (n/p material properties)? If I understand that right than could doing something like a memristor change a carbon nanotube from n to p "type" material dynamically?
    How does a carbon fly wheel work? Could this be applied to harvesting lightening?

I just got my bachelors in computer science but I've always been more into physics, I'm planning on going back to get a graduate degree in physics but I need to start learning now... Sorry if I rant

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted