1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions about Colleges

1. Jul 8, 2005 #1
    Besides the obvious one MIT, what other colleges would you recommend for the following majors

Nuclear Engineering
    Aeronautical Engineering

And I would also like to know how good Purdue is in those majors. Thanks in advance. :smile:
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 8, 2005 #2
    Georgia Tech is ranked right behind MIT in Aerospace Engineering, and that's probably due a lot to name recognition.
  4. Jul 9, 2005 #3
    I am a nuclear engineer at Georgia Institute of Technology but I cannot say much about the program because I have only finished my freshman year. I can say that the nuclear engineering program at Massachusetts Institute of Technology is only ranked high because of the graduate program there, it might be better to go to Texas A&M for undergraduate, which I believe is ranked second.
  5. Jul 9, 2005 #4
    BTW how good are the opportunities for the Nuclear Engineering in the next 20 years, and what exactly do you do after the college?
  6. Jul 9, 2005 #5
    CU - Boulder is a good option for aero too.

not as highly ranked as a private school, but one of the best options for the price.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?