Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions about Colleges

1. Jul 8, 2005 #1
    Besides the obvious one MIT, what other colleges would you recommend for the following majors

Nuclear Engineering
    EE
    Aeronautical Engineering

And I would also like to know how good Purdue is in those majors. Thanks in advance. :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 8, 2005 #2
    Georgia Tech is ranked right behind MIT in Aerospace Engineering, and that's probably due a lot to name recognition.

4. Jul 9, 2005 #3
    I am a nuclear engineer at Georgia Institute of Technology but I cannot say much about the program because I have only finished my freshman year. I can say that the nuclear engineering program at Massachusetts Institute of Technology is only ranked high because of the graduate program there, it might be better to go to Texas A&M for undergraduate, which I believe is ranked second.

5. Jul 9, 2005 #4
    BTW how good are the opportunities for the Nuclear Engineering in the next 20 years, and what exactly do you do after the college?

6. Jul 9, 2005 #5
    CU - Boulder is a good option for aero too.

not as highly ranked as a private school, but one of the best options for the price.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook