1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions about IMEC

1. Sep 8, 2008 #1
    Hi all,

I was thinking about continuing my studies in physics. I read through the docs about IMEC's PhD topics and I found the list quite impressive and interesting. I have masters in physics and I took the GRE general, so I guess I fulfill some of the requirements... (Well, at least according to my papers :smile: )
    I also read that an applicant from a non EER country should take a pre-doctoral exam. It may sound silly, but I have no clue what EER means. I graduated in Hungary and don't know whether I have to take a pre-doctoral exam if I apply for a PhD.

Please if there is anyone here who know anything about this EER stuff, help me.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2008 #2
    EER is the abbreviation of "Europese Economische Ruimte" in Dutch which is the EEA (European Economic Area) in English. Basically it includes all the countries in the European Union (so Hungary is in it) and Iceland and Norway.

4. Sep 29, 2008 #3
    Thank you for your answer, yoran!

I've been searching for this abbreviation for like weeks, but I haven't thought of it beeing a Dutch one :). Thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?