1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions about mixing on the orifice plate

1. May 7, 2009 #1
    Hello all

this is Bashir again ...i have some questions regarding the orfice plat design..i would like to ask you a couple of questions:
    I am doing some work with water treatment.. i am adding some chemicals for coagulation and flocculation but the thing is i am not getting a very good flocculation ( i am getting a poor flocculation at the moment ) so i was thinking of making some modification ( contact time ) to all the flocs some more time to form.. in order to achieve that i am planning of adding a Spiral hose pipe of a specific lenght...
    My questions are:

1- How could make the right design of an orifice plat ?

2- My pipe is 25mm diameter.. What should the orifice diameter should be ? and why ? what is the parameter that i should take them into consideration ?

3- I heard of the mixing energy or velocity gradient (G) in the oriffice plat folowing by a spiral pipe... How can i calculate it ?

4- How should i know which value of G that will give me a good flocculation ( good mixing )?

5- Is there any formula of calculation the G at a spiral pipe ?

6- How should i know the diameter and the length of the spiral pipe i must use

I really was looking for some infromation from the internet but i could not get anything useful yet and that is why i decided to email you my questions.

So please if you are able to answer me please do

I am looking forward to hear from you

Regards

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted