Questions Congress should ask Sibelius.

• News
  • Thread starter Vic Sandler
  • Start date
Why hasn't he pulled down the website to get it out of the media while it is being fixed?
Aside from the negative media exposure, there is another practical reason to shut down the site. Those 834's are coming out wrong. It must be a heavy burden on the insurance companies to have to call each of 27000 customers and verify the information it contains. If the logjam breaks and a flood of applications comes through, it will become prohibitively expensive to verify. They should shut down the site until at least that part of the program starts to work.

Does he need Vic to troubleshoot the website for him?
Technically speaking, I'm more like a beta-tester than a troubleshooter. If I were a real beta tester, I would have a contact to report the bugs to. They would expect me to provide a recipe for reproducing the bug and any error messages that appear. The result would be a bug ticket that would be assigned to a programmer. As far as I know, there is no place for end users to submit that kind of information.

I went to the site and entered my username. Then I entered the wrong password. Of course, I did not get in. It redrew the login page blanking out the username and password fields. I reentered my username and used a different wrong password. I did this 5 times with different wrong passwords, none of them similar to the correct one nor to each other. It never revoked permission for me to try again. The 6th time, I entered the correct password and got in. Does Pay Pal work like that too?

You only get three tries with Pay Pal. Even this forum limits the number of times you can try to log in with an incorrect password in a given amount of time.

You used different wrong passwords five times?? What exactly was your logic in doing that?

If you try to bounce in and out of Pay Pal , changing user names and passwords, you only get three tries, then they block you out entirely until you fax proof of your identification.
As I said in post #148, I don't understand what you mean by this. I wish you would enlighten me.

You used different wrong passwords five times?? What exactly was your logic in doing that?
I thought maybe you meant that if you try to bounce in and out of Pay Pal, using the same user name and changing passwords, you only get three tries. That is not uncommon in websites and as you pointed out, Physics Forums works that way. So I tried that. That is exactly my logic. Is that not what you meant in post #146?

As I said in post #148, I don't understand what you mean by this. I wish you would enlighten me.

I thought maybe you meant that if you try to bounce in and out of Pay Pal, using the same user name and changing passwords, you only get three tries. That is not uncommon in websites and as you pointed out, Physics Forums works that way. So I tried that. That is exactly my logic. Is that not what you meant in post #146?

No you tried to log in five times using wrong passwords. Many websites will see that as a Brute force log in attack. After I read that five times with bogus passwords bit it really doesn't matter what PayPal and other websites do.

Is there anything left of your foot after shooting it that many times? Don't bother to ask me what I mean by that. You might consider giving it a break for a while before they come looking for you.

Evo
Mentor
Thread closed.

Likes 1 person