What are important considerations for an electrical engineering career?

• Thread starter David_Undergrad
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Interview
In summary, for an assignment, the requirements include investigating a potential career/job and scheduling an interview with someone in the field of electrical engineering. This can take place in person, over the phone, or through email. The interview should include 5-10 questions and be confirmed by either forwarding the interview, having the interviewee email, having the questions with a signature, or leaving a message on the due date. Some sample questions include asking about the importance of communication skills, working in teams, key attributes of a valuable engineer, and the demand for electrical engineers in the future.
David_Undergrad
Need help with an assignment and any feedback from professionals in the field of EE would be appreciated. Here are the requirements for an interview.

Investigate a potential career/job, talking to someone of authority in this field and schedule an interview with
him/her. Your interview can take place in-person, one the phone, or even via email. Make sure you get a
signature or confirmation email after the interview is over to verify that the interview took place.Create interview
questions (5-10 questions is appropriate) that really help you to explore and understand the career you are
considering.Confirm that the interview took place by either forwarding the interview to me, having the
interviewee email me, having the interview questions with a signature checked off, or by having the interviewee
leave a message on my voice-mail by the essay’s due date.

These are the 10 questions that I have created. Email : valencia_hernandez93@hotmail.com

1.How important is communications skills in your field of electrical engineering?

2.How often do you work in teams in your company and do you think you benefit from it?

3.How would you describe a valuable electrical engineer member in your company?

4.How often do you engage in hands on projects in your company?

5.What is the most important skill an electrical engineer should have in your opinion?

6.Have you engineered a product that made an impact on people’s lives and if so what product?

7.Do you think that the demand for electrical engineers in going to increase 5 years from now or possibly
decrease?

8.What type of responsibilities do you have in your company?

9.What type of personality does a person need to have in your field?

10.What are some of the benefits of working in your field?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Sorry, for privacy and anti-phishing reasons, we no longer allow interview threads at the PF. Thread is locked.

1. What is the purpose of asking questions in an interview?

The purpose of asking questions in an interview is to gather more information about the candidate's skills, experiences, and qualifications. It also allows the interviewer to assess the candidate's communication and critical thinking skills.

2. How should I prepare for answering questions in an interview?

To prepare for answering questions in an interview, it is important to research the company and the job position thoroughly. This will help you understand the company's values and goals, and tailor your answers accordingly. It is also helpful to practice common interview questions and prepare examples from your past experiences that demonstrate your skills and qualifications.

3. What types of questions should I expect in an interview?

In an interview, you can expect a mix of behavioral, situational, and technical questions. Behavioral questions ask about your past experiences and how you handled certain situations. Situational questions present hypothetical scenarios and ask how you would handle them. Technical questions assess your knowledge and skills related to the job position.

4. How should I answer difficult or unexpected questions in an interview?

When faced with difficult or unexpected questions in an interview, it is important to remain calm and take a moment to gather your thoughts. You can also ask for clarification if needed. It is okay to take a few seconds to think before answering, as long as you are honest and provide a well-thought-out response.

5. Is it okay to ask questions during an interview?

Yes, it is highly encouraged to ask questions during an interview. This shows your interest in the company and the position, and also allows you to gather more information about the company's culture, expectations, and opportunities for growth. It is important to ask thoughtful and relevant questions that demonstrate your knowledge and genuine interest in the company.