Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions in conductivity of solutions

1. Mar 16, 2005 #1
    Hi everyone :)

please I need help to show me what to do with these points related to the conductivity of solutions experiment :

1- results I got from this experiment are the acid in mol dm and the conductance in mS.

however, how can I get the aci in mol m,square root of the acid in mol/dm and the molar conductivity?

2- In Kohlrausch's law, do Mandelic acid and HCL obey the equation and are they strong or weak acids?

3- What's the literature value of HCL?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 16, 2005 #2

GCT

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

what course is this for?

4. Mar 16, 2005 #3
    it's for chemlab (physical chem.) experiments...

5. Mar 16, 2005 #4

GCT

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I've not taken physical chem before...here's a link, hopefully it'll refresh your memory. Otherwise, chemtr or someone else should be able to help you out.

http://chem.ch.huji.ac.il/~eugeniik/history/kohlrausch.htm

By the way HCl is a strong acid. The experiment seems simple enough, I may be able to assist you with the problem, yet I don't have the complete info on this subject with me at this time. You can try explaining it more extensively. Also it seems that some of the questions actually depend upon your experimental results, you should discuss these also.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?