Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions on Gedanken Data

1. Dec 7, 2005 #1
    I read N David Mermin's article entitled "Is the moon there when nobody looks?" and would like to know if any of the other permutations besides 11RG, 11GR, 22RG, 22GR, etc that are missing from the actual data. Also, it is difficult from the 45 runs given in the paper to determine if all the permutation have are equal likelihood of occurring. Is there a more detailed statistical analysis of the data available? Where could I find the actual data for analysis? Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2005 #2

DrChinese

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This was really a thought experiment, so there is no actual data. In the ideal case, when settings are the same, you always get the same results.

4. Dec 7, 2005 #3
    He makes reference to data from Aspect and his colleagues. Is this data available online?

5. Dec 7, 2005 #4

DrChinese

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I might humbly recommend the DrChinese Bell Links section. The Dehlinger/Mitchell reference, top of page 7, has raw data. Also you can go to the "EPR, Bell & Aspect: Original References" and see a PDF with the Aspect paper. But it is a much older reference.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?