Is the Gedanken Data on Quantum Entanglement Available Online?

• Thread starter rlduncan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Data
In summary, there is no actual data available for analysis as the article is a thought experiment. The author references data from Aspect and his colleagues, which can be found online through the DrChinese Bell Links section. However, the data is from an older reference and may not be as detailed as desired.
rlduncan
I read N David Mermin's article entitled "Is the moon there when nobody looks?" and would like to know if any of the other permutations besides 11RG, 11GR, 22RG, 22GR, etc that are missing from the actual data. Also, it is difficult from the 45 runs given in the paper to determine if all the permutation have are equal likelihood of occurring. Is there a more detailed statistical analysis of the data available? Where could I find the actual data for analysis? Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
rlduncan said:
I read N David Mermin's article entitled "Is the moon there when nobody looks?" and would like to know if any of the other permutations besides 11RG, 11GR, 22RG, 22GR, etc that are missing from the actual data. Also, it is difficult from the 45 runs given in the paper to determine if all the permutation have are equal likelihood of occurring. Is there a more detailed statistical analysis of the data available? Where could I find the actual data for analysis? Thanks!

This was really a thought experiment, so there is no actual data. In the ideal case, when settings are the same, you always get the same results.

He makes reference to data from Aspect and his colleagues. Is this data available online?

rlduncan said:
He makes reference to data from Aspect and his colleagues. Is this data available online?

I might humbly recommend the DrChinese Bell Links section. The Dehlinger/Mitchell reference, top of page 7, has raw data. Also you can go to the "EPR, Bell & Aspect: Original References" and see a PDF with the Aspect paper. But it is a much older reference.

What is Gedanken Data?

Gedanken Data is a concept in theoretical physics that refers to the use of thought experiments and hypothetical scenarios to explore and understand complex scientific concepts.

Why is Gedanken Data important?

Gedanken Data allows scientists to explore and test ideas that may not be physically possible to observe or replicate in a laboratory setting. It also helps to bridge the gap between theoretical and experimental physics.

How is Gedanken Data used in scientific research?

Gedanken Data is often used as a tool for developing new theories and models, predicting the behavior of complex systems, and exploring the consequences of different scientific principles.

What are the limitations of Gedanken Data?

While Gedanken Data can provide valuable insights and predictions, it is still limited by its reliance on hypothetical scenarios and thought experiments. It is important for scientists to validate their Gedanken Data with real-world experiments and observations.

What are some examples of Gedanken Data in action?

Some famous examples of Gedanken Data include Albert Einstein's thought experiments on relativity, Erwin Schrödinger's cat paradox, and Isaac Newton's apple experiment. These thought experiments have played a crucial role in shaping our understanding of the physical world.