Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions on the following

1. Oct 18, 2009 #1
    Hey guys, I am so relieved that I found a website like this, and if you can help me out, I would be a very happy person. My problem is that I do not understand two concepts we are doing in class now. The first is converting a displacement graph to a velocity graph, to an acceleration graph. My second problem, is that I do not understand how to do something like "Measure how far North something traveled, and convert to meters" I looked online for help but I cant seem to find satisfying help. Please explain this to me!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2009 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

You need to be SPECIFIC in your questions, meaning you shouldn't expect to be given a lesson that is taught to you in classes. If there's something specific that you don't know, start with that, not something generic or vague like this.

If it is related to school work, please use the HW/Coursework forum. Per the PF Rules, we only help, i.e. you are expected to show what you have attempted.

Zz.

4. Oct 19, 2009 #3

A.T.

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

velocity graph shows the slope of the displacement graph
    acceleration graph shows the slope of the velocity graph
    Convert from what? From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latitude" [Broken] difference?

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook