Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions related to SHM

1. Jun 12, 2012 #1
    Well, i've been into the Simple Harmonic Motion topic.. In my book, it's quite a small portion.. However, i know that it is much bigger. Can someone list me the types of SHM and formulas needed... Particularly about Pendulums and Springs... For example, i've read in a separate book something about pendulums realating mg for getting the restoring force.. Summing up, i need the full detailes about SHM or atleast links to good sites... I am studying Alevel physics (Edexcel).. Thanks in advance to whoever give me a kind hand! :D

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 13, 2012 #2

mathman

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Jun 13, 2012 #3

sophiecentaur

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Why don't you try an A Level text book (omg - not a web page??)? They contain all you need to know about SHM. A slightly older text book may even have the derivation of the sinusoidal waveform using Calculus - but I don't think that is part of A level Physics any more.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook