Quick and easy question been pondering it for days.

• Thread starter avolaster
  • Start date
In summary: It will, however, experience frictional loss, which can be calculated by subtracting the force required to fight gravity from the total force generated by the rocket and mass together. If the rocket is not fighting gravity, then there will be no force lost due to gravity. However, there may still be some force lost due to friction, which can be calculated using the general formula for frictional force. The exact amount of force lost will depend on the specific conditions and variables involved.
avolaster
say you have a force generating object such as a rocket. this force generating object suddenly gains mass (avoiding the inelastic collision part). the rocket itself is creating a constant force. but now its got this mass. what is the new force of the entire thing?declining frictional loss, please tell me how to calculate this generally (thats why no numbers were involved). I realize that if it is fighting gravity it loses force equal to its weight. but is there any force lost if it isn't fighting gravity. i mean the extra mass has to slow it down some how, right?

example: the rocket by itself can make 10N of force. but then it gets a mass attached to it. how much force does the rocket and mass together create? 9N? 8N? obvoiusly force is not to scale.

If you need clarification PLEASE ASK.

Physics news on Phys.org
avolaster said:
say you have a force generating object such as a rocket. this force generating object suddenly gains mass (avoiding the inelastic collision part). the rocket itself is creating a constant force. but now its got this mass. what is the new force of the entire thing?declining frictional loss, please tell me how to calculate this generally (thats why no numbers were involved). I realize that if it is fighting gravity it loses force equal to its weight. but is there any force lost if it isn't fighting gravity. i mean the extra mass has to slow it down some how, right?

example: the rocket by itself can make 10N of force. but then it gets a mass attached to it. how much force does the rocket and mass together create? 9N? 8N? obvoiusly force is not to scale.

If you need clarification PLEASE ASK.

Adding mass to the rocket does not change its thrust. It lowers its acceleration, via F=ma, but does not change the force generated by the rocket exhaust.

What is the quickest and easiest way to solve a problem?

The quickest and easiest way to solve a problem depends on the nature of the problem. However, some general tips include breaking the problem down into smaller, more manageable parts, seeking help or advice from others, and utilizing resources such as books or online tutorials. It's also important to remain calm and focused while problem-solving.

Is there a specific formula or method for finding quick and easy solutions?

There is no one-size-fits-all formula for finding quick and easy solutions. However, some strategies that can be helpful include brainstorming, trial and error, and using analogies or metaphors to approach the problem from a different perspective. It's important to be open-minded and willing to try different methods.

How can I avoid getting stuck on a problem for days?

To avoid getting stuck on a problem for days, it's important to take breaks and step away from the problem if you feel yourself becoming frustrated or stuck. This can help clear your mind and allow for fresh ideas and perspectives. It can also be helpful to approach the problem from a different angle or seek input from others.

Are there any tips for making difficult problems seem more manageable?

One tip for making difficult problems seem more manageable is to break them down into smaller, more specific tasks. This can help you focus on one aspect at a time and make the overall problem feel less overwhelming. It can also be helpful to prioritize tasks and start with the most important or urgent ones first.

What should I do if I still can't find a quick and easy solution?

If you're unable to find a quick and easy solution, it's important to stay persistent and not give up. Sometimes, complex problems require more time and effort to solve. It can also be helpful to seek advice or assistance from someone with more expertise in the subject matter. Remember to stay positive and keep an open mind while problem-solving.