I am using the formula for curl in spherical, I konw I said cylindrical.
Taking the first cross product, zhat([tex]\nabla[/tex] x r^2 rhat) I use the ffact its in the rhat direction, so in the curl formula, sub r^2 for all r direction components. However they are then partially differentiated and I get zero, as the r^2 has no phi or theta components does it?
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving