Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quick Constitution question

1. Apr 13, 2005 #1
    This could probably fit better in another forum, but in my attempts to finish this paper I have looming over my head due around 21 hours from now, I have come across a road block. The paper itself is on the corruptibility and constitutionality of the Congressional subpoena, and it occurred to me that, although I can easily find the clause which allows for Congress to have such a power in the constitution (Article I Section 8 Clause 18), I can't find where the judicial branch was given such a power in the first place! Is this power implied by the word "judicial"? It's wonderful that I can write 12 pages full of content on the issue yet I can't identify something so fundamental!
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

You should click over to Greg's law forums (link at the top of the page). Don't know how active it is, but they're the experts.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?