Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quick! Help! Axe?

1. Feb 13, 2006 #1

Mk

What exactly is the "Axe effect?" Is it good? Should I use Axe? Which flavors (I like flavors, since... nothing else works for the olfactory sense) are better? I heard some are stinky... tasting. By tasting I mean smelling. What about the new stick kind? Thanks guys. :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 13, 2006 #2

___

The Axe Effext is really the axe effect! Why don't you try Axe Voodoo. It is the best :!!)

4. Feb 13, 2006 #3

Mk

I remember MIH talking about Axe in one post. And tribdog.

5. Feb 13, 2006 #4
    I've been wondering if it's really all that great myself. Some input from the ladies would be nice.

6. Feb 13, 2006 #5

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just make sure you get their deodorant. Their odorant line is just not my cup of tea.

- Warren

7. Feb 14, 2006 #6
    All of the guys at my old highschool wore that axe spray and it was awful. I will forever hate it. It smells way way to strong.

8. Feb 14, 2006 #7
    My wife hates it. She prefers the Right Guard body spray

9. Feb 14, 2006 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

There is one fragrance that I am so attracted to, it wouldn't matter what the guy looked like, I'd just close my eyes and sniff him - Grey Flannel. I cannot resist it.

10. Feb 14, 2006 #9
    My sweetheart wears Axe Essence, its really nice and fresh/clean smelling.

11. Feb 14, 2006 #10
    Axe is the worst smelling fragrance ever. Maybe it's because tons of people drown themselves in the stuff... ugh

12. Feb 14, 2006 #11
    I wear Drakkar for cologne. I decided to try out the Drakkar Dynamik but after a few days I realized that I didn't really like it as much as Noir. A bit too expensive though to just toss out and buy a new bottle.

13. Feb 14, 2006 #12

Mk

Ah so, I should wear Noir, Axe Essance, RightGuard, and grey flannel? And not too much!! (well, maybe too much flannel)

14. Feb 14, 2006 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, I thought Axe was just a deodorant, but you're all talking about it like it's a cologne. Which is it?

Personally, I don't like many scents, especially on men. The strongest scent I want to smell on a man is Irish Spring soap...or something like that. I did finally figure out what scent was making me wild about one guy who insisted he never wore any colognes or anything like that...it was Head and Shoulders shampoo combined with garlic (he ate lots of garlic). So, I think that proves I'm not really a vampire, but I don't know if you want any more of my opinion on scents now that I've shared that. :rolleyes:

15. Feb 14, 2006 #14
    You don't like any sort of scents at all? Aside from regular soap and shampoo sorts?

I actually usually where Old Spice deoderant. I'm pretty much happy with that though I might try out the Axe if it isn't too expensive and I liek the way it smells.

16. Feb 15, 2006 #15

Mk

I think it comes in both: the spray is cologne, the stick is deodorant.

17. Feb 15, 2006 #16

___

OK, just go to the market and bring this home:
    [​IMG]

18. Feb 15, 2006 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nope, not really. I'll stretch to lavender soap once in a while, but for me, not a guy. I have a cucumber-melon scented body spray that I use when I've been at the farm and don't have time for a full shower, so it's better than smelling like sheep, but normally I don't wear it for any other reason.

Ugh, my step-dad wears old spice. I associate it with old men. :yuck: I didn't think a younger guy would wear it...I didn't think a younger guy, your age, would be caught dead looking at it on the shelf even! Though, with deodorant, of course the most important thing is...does it work? If the unscented stuff doesn't keep you from sweating and stinking, then, well, you have to deal with the scented stuff. But, even if you do like scents, why would you go for a scented deodorant? It would probably clash with the carefully selected cologne or perfume.

19. Feb 15, 2006 #18

wolram

Gold Member

I like the smell of WD40, apart from that it frees up nuts.

20. Feb 15, 2006 #19

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I actually use the Axe Phoenix deodorant. It smells nice, and does not resemble the smell of sheep in any way. I only wear cologne occassionally, but when I do, I usually wear Acqua di Gio.

- Warren

21. Feb 15, 2006 #20
    There are alot of new old spice "flavors". I actually have a stick of old spice fresh and everyone I know says I smell good :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?