Quick! Help! Axe?

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
Mk
What exactly is the "Axe effect?" Is it good? Should I use Axe? Which flavors (I like flavors, since... nothing else works for the olfactory sense) are better? I heard some are stinky... tasting. By tasting I mean smelling. What about the new stick kind? Thanks guys. :biggrin:

Answers and Replies

___
The Axe Effext is really the axe effect! Why don't you try Axe Voodoo. It is the best :!!)

Mk
I remember MIH talking about Axe in one post. And tribdog.

I've been wondering if it's really all that great myself. Some input from the ladies would be nice.

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Just make sure you get their deodorant. Their odorant line is just not my cup of tea.

- Warren

All of the guys at my old highschool wore that axe spray and it was awful. I will forever hate it. It smells way way to strong.

My wife hates it. She prefers the Right Guard body spray

Evo
Mentor
There is one fragrance that I am so attracted to, it wouldn't matter what the guy looked like, I'd just close my eyes and sniff him - Grey Flannel. I cannot resist it.

My sweetheart wears Axe Essence, its really nice and fresh/clean smelling.

Axe is the worst smelling fragrance ever. Maybe it's because tons of people drown themselves in the stuff... ugh

I wear Drakkar for cologne. I decided to try out the Drakkar Dynamik but after a few days I realized that I didn't really like it as much as Noir. A bit too expensive though to just toss out and buy a new bottle.

Mk
Ah so, I should wear Noir, Axe Essance, RightGuard, and grey flannel? And not too much!! (well, maybe too much flannel)

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Okay, I thought Axe was just a deodorant, but you're all talking about it like it's a cologne. Which is it?

Personally, I don't like many scents, especially on men. The strongest scent I want to smell on a man is Irish Spring soap...or something like that. I did finally figure out what scent was making me wild about one guy who insisted he never wore any colognes or anything like that...it was Head and Shoulders shampoo combined with garlic (he ate lots of garlic). So, I think that proves I'm not really a vampire, but I don't know if you want any more of my opinion on scents now that I've shared that. :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
Okay, I thought Axe was just a deodorant, but you're all talking about it like it's a cologne. Which is it?

Personally, I don't like many scents, especially on men. The strongest scent I want to smell on a man is Irish Spring soap...or something like that. I did finally figure out what scent was making me wild about one guy who insisted he never wore any colognes or anything like that...it was Head and Shoulders shampoo combined with garlic (he ate lots of garlic). So, I think that proves I'm not really a vampire, but I don't know if you want any more of my opinion on scents now that I've shared that. :rolleyes:
You don't like any sort of scents at all? Aside from regular soap and shampoo sorts?

I actually usually where Old Spice deoderant. I'm pretty much happy with that though I might try out the Axe if it isn't too expensive and I liek the way it smells.

Mk
I think it comes in both: the spray is cologne, the stick is deodorant.

___
OK, just go to the market and bring this home:
deodo_axe_voodoo.jpg

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
TheStatutoryApe said:
You don't like any sort of scents at all? Aside from regular soap and shampoo sorts?
Nope, not really. I'll stretch to lavender soap once in a while, but for me, not a guy. I have a cucumber-melon scented body spray that I use when I've been at the farm and don't have time for a full shower, so it's better than smelling like sheep, but normally I don't wear it for any other reason.

I actually usually where Old Spice deoderant. I'm pretty much happy with that though I might try out the Axe if it isn't too expensive and I liek the way it smells.
Ugh, my step-dad wears old spice. I associate it with old men. :yuck: I didn't think a younger guy would wear it...I didn't think a younger guy, your age, would be caught dead looking at it on the shelf even! Though, with deodorant, of course the most important thing is...does it work? If the unscented stuff doesn't keep you from sweating and stinking, then, well, you have to deal with the scented stuff. But, even if you do like scents, why would you go for a scented deodorant? It would probably clash with the carefully selected cologne or perfume.

wolram
Gold Member
I like the smell of WD40, apart from that it frees up nuts.

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I actually use the Axe Phoenix deodorant. It smells nice, and does not resemble the smell of sheep in any way. I only wear cologne occassionally, but when I do, I usually wear Acqua di Gio.

- Warren

Moonbear said:
Ugh, my step-dad wears old spice. I associate it with old men. :yuck: I didn't think a younger guy would wear it...I didn't think a younger guy, your age, would be caught dead looking at it on the shelf even!
There are alot of new old spice "flavors". I actually have a stick of old spice fresh and everyone I know says I smell good :smile:

I love the Axe deodorant, not for the smell, but it just melts so smoothly and feels so good putting it on. it feels like something good should feel.

___
chroot said:
I actually use the Axe Phoenix deodorant. It smells nice, and does not resemble the smell of sheep in any way. I only wear cologne occassionally, but when I do, I usually wear Acqua di Gio.

- Warren
:yuck:
Thats the one I am using now....:eek: It smells worse than Denim Black....too strong...wayyyy tooooooo strongg. But beauty lies in the eyes of beholder....

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What smells too strong? The Axe deodorant, or the cologne? The deodorant doesn't smell any more strongly than any other deodorant I've ever worn, and the Gio is one of the lightest colognes on the market.

- Warren

___
The deodrant...I mean. I cough when I smell it. But I got it for X-Mas from my mum, so I am using it :(

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Is it really stronger (to your nose) than other deodorants? I've been using deodorant for many a year, and haven't noticed it being any stronger than others.

- Warren