The Axe Effect: Smell Good, Taste Better?

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Smell
In summary, the Axe effect is good. Some flavors are better than others, and the new stick kind is stinky and tastes.
Mk
What exactly is the "Axe effect?" Is it good? Should I use Axe? Which flavors (I like flavors, since... nothing else works for the olfactory sense) are better? I heard some are stinky... tasting. By tasting I mean smelling. What about the new stick kind? Thanks guys. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
The Axe Effext is really the axe effect! Why don't you try Axe Voodoo. It is the best :!)

I remember MIH talking about Axe in one post. And tribdog.

I've been wondering if it's really all that great myself. Some input from the ladies would be nice.

Just make sure you get their deodorant. Their odorant line is just not my cup of tea.

- Warren

All of the guys at my old high school wore that axe spray and it was awful. I will forever hate it. It smells way way to strong.

My wife hates it. She prefers the Right Guard body spray

There is one fragrance that I am so attracted to, it wouldn't matter what the guy looked like, I'd just close my eyes and sniff him - Grey Flannel. I cannot resist it.

My sweetheart wears Axe Essence, its really nice and fresh/clean smelling.

Axe is the worst smelling fragrance ever. Maybe it's because tons of people drown themselves in the stuff... ugh

I wear Drakkar for cologne. I decided to try out the Drakkar Dynamik but after a few days I realized that I didn't really like it as much as Noir. A bit too expensive though to just toss out and buy a new bottle.

Ah so, I should wear Noir, Axe Essance, RightGuard, and grey flannel? And not too much! (well, maybe too much flannel)

Okay, I thought Axe was just a deodorant, but you're all talking about it like it's a cologne. Which is it?

Personally, I don't like many scents, especially on men. The strongest scent I want to smell on a man is Irish Spring soap...or something like that. I did finally figure out what scent was making me wild about one guy who insisted he never wore any colognes or anything like that...it was Head and Shoulders shampoo combined with garlic (he ate lots of garlic). So, I think that proves I'm not really a vampire, but I don't know if you want any more of my opinion on scents now that I've shared that. :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
Okay, I thought Axe was just a deodorant, but you're all talking about it like it's a cologne. Which is it?

Personally, I don't like many scents, especially on men. The strongest scent I want to smell on a man is Irish Spring soap...or something like that. I did finally figure out what scent was making me wild about one guy who insisted he never wore any colognes or anything like that...it was Head and Shoulders shampoo combined with garlic (he ate lots of garlic). So, I think that proves I'm not really a vampire, but I don't know if you want any more of my opinion on scents now that I've shared that. :rolleyes:
You don't like any sort of scents at all? Aside from regular soap and shampoo sorts?

I actually usually where Old Spice deoderant. I'm pretty much happy with that though I might try out the Axe if it isn't too expensive and I liek the way it smells.

I think it comes in both: the spray is cologne, the stick is deodorant.

OK, just go to the market and bring this home:
deodo_axe_voodoo.jpg

TheStatutoryApe said:
You don't like any sort of scents at all? Aside from regular soap and shampoo sorts?
Nope, not really. I'll stretch to lavender soap once in a while, but for me, not a guy. I have a cucumber-melon scented body spray that I use when I've been at the farm and don't have time for a full shower, so it's better than smelling like sheep, but normally I don't wear it for any other reason.

I actually usually where Old Spice deoderant. I'm pretty much happy with that though I might try out the Axe if it isn't too expensive and I liek the way it smells.
Ugh, my step-dad wears old spice. I associate it with old men. :yuck: I didn't think a younger guy would wear it...I didn't think a younger guy, your age, would be caught dead looking at it on the shelf even! Though, with deodorant, of course the most important thing is...does it work? If the unscented stuff doesn't keep you from sweating and stinking, then, well, you have to deal with the scented stuff. But, even if you do like scents, why would you go for a scented deodorant? It would probably clash with the carefully selected cologne or perfume.

I like the smell of WD40, apart from that it frees up nuts.

I actually use the Axe Phoenix deodorant. It smells nice, and does not resemble the smell of sheep in any way. I only wear cologne occassionally, but when I do, I usually wear Acqua di Gio.

- Warren

Moonbear said:
Ugh, my step-dad wears old spice. I associate it with old men. :yuck: I didn't think a younger guy would wear it...I didn't think a younger guy, your age, would be caught dead looking at it on the shelf even!

There are a lot of new old spice "flavors". I actually have a stick of old spice fresh and everyone I know says I smell good :smile:

I love the Axe deodorant, not for the smell, but it just melts so smoothly and feels so good putting it on. it feels like something good should feel.

chroot said:
I actually use the Axe Phoenix deodorant. It smells nice, and does not resemble the smell of sheep in any way. I only wear cologne occassionally, but when I do, I usually wear Acqua di Gio.

- Warren
:yuck:
Thats the one I am using now...:eek: It smells worse than Denim Black...too strong...wayyyy tooooooo strongg. But beauty lies in the eyes of beholder...

What smells too strong? The Axe deodorant, or the cologne? The deodorant doesn't smell any more strongly than any other deodorant I've ever worn, and the Gio is one of the lightest colognes on the market.

- Warren

The deodrant...I mean. I cough when I smell it. But I got it for X-Mas from my mum, so I am using it :(

Is it really stronger (to your nose) than other deodorants? I've been using deodorant for many a year, and haven't noticed it being any stronger than others.

- Warren

___ said:
The deodrant...I mean. I cough when I smell it. But I got it for X-Mas from my mum, so I am using it :(
Your mom got you deodorant for Christmas? And I though I had a weird mom! :bugeye:

Moonie said:
Though, with deodorant, of course the most important thing is...does it work? If the unscented stuff doesn't keep you from sweating and stinking, then, well, you have to deal with the scented stuff. But, even if you do like scents, why would you go for a scented deodorant? It would probably clash with the carefully selected cologne or perfume.
I picked up unscented deoderant once a long time ago. The reality of it was that it did have a scent and it was not a very pleasant one.
Like Greg said the old spice deoderant doesn't exactly smell like oldspice cologne. I think it only has a very slightly similar smell. What's more important to me is that it is pretty cheap and it goes well with the sort of cologne I wear.

Chroot said:
Acqua di Gio
A lady once told me that she loved that cologne so I went out to see about maybe getting some. I thought it smelled like women's perfume. No offense, but it just wasn't me at all.

wolram said:
I like the smell of WD40, apart from that it frees up nuts.
:rofl: I love you, woolie.

I remember keeping a guy's sweater in seventh grade because it smelled like him -- I think it was Aspen. I loved smelling that sweater. :rolleyes: I don't know if I'd still like it. My little brother wears Axe stuff, and it's usually too much for me. But I've been quite sensitive to smells since I quit smoking (almost 4 months!), so maybe that's it.

I like hydrosols (though they don't last very long by themselves) and found this great company, Mountain Rose Herbs, that has the most incredible rosewater -- so fresh, warm, soft, and sweet. Mmm. I like rose, jasmine, gardenia, and amber. I think lavender by itself has a piney, slightly medicinal smell (it's nice in the shower). Not sure what I'd like on a guy. You know that new book smell? :tongue2: Actually, lavender might smell nice on a guy. It has that clean, woody thing going on.

I became very attracted to a guy once because he smelled like soap. Very subtle, clean smell, he refused to tell me what it was. :devil: I guess he figured once he told me I'd dump him. I still remember how it drove me crazy.

Anything with musk in it will make me sick.

honestrosewater said:
Actually, lavender might smell nice on a guy. It has that clean, woody thing going on.
Y'know, you might be right there. I like it because it's very clean and "soapy" smelling, a little spicey even. Yeah, it sounds strange to suggest it, but it does seem like a man would smell very tasty if he were bathed in lavender. :approve:

I think that's what I really like, are earthy, herbal/spicey scents, not floral, definitely not musk (I completely agree with Evo on that...musk is absolutely nauseating to me), nothing like perfume, just a very natural, clean smell...like fresh air in the woods. I also have soaps that are lemongrass scented...they're very nice in the morning for waking up. A friend used to have a shower gel that was eucalyptus scented (a product she'd bring back from Holland...maybe Monique knows what it is...you can't get it in the US) which was also fantastic for that morning shower to help wake you up with an invigorating scent. Lavender is more of the soothing, help you go to sleep at night scent.

Even some soaps and shampoos are too strongly perfumed for me. Pantene is one of them, as is Dove brand soap (they might have a less strongly scented one now, I can't recall, but the original bar soaps were cloyingly sweet). Those sorts of scents give me a headache. But then something like Herbal Essence makes me feel just like the women in their commercials. :biggrin:

Greg Bernhardt said:
There are a lot of new old spice "flavors". I actually have a stick of old spice fresh and everyone I know says I smell good :smile:
New Old Spice, huh? Okay, I guess I was out of the loop on that. I just know the old stinky stuff my step dad wears that seems to be the essence of old-man smell. I'll have to do some sniffing of the deodorants at the grocery store and report back on which are acceptable for my palette. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
But then something like Herbal Essence makes me feel just like the women in their commercials. :biggrin:
I'd buy you a case of the stuff for a tape recording of that!