1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quick help with graphing something on the TI

1. Mar 14, 2005 #1
    ok so the point of this was to solve the problems using one of three methods:

Directions for problems #13-26: Use your calculator to estimate the solution accurate to 2 decimal places. Try one of the following methods: 1) guess and check on the homescreen (LONG AND TEDIUS! forget this way! :zzz: :yuck: ) 2) use the TABLE feature or 3) use a graphing approach.
    15. [tex] 5(2)^t=5000[/tex]

ok so i got the answer algebraically however i dont know how the heck i'm gonna get that answer using the "TABLE feature" or the "graphing approach."??

how would u even insert that into the grapher?

would you put it into the calculator like this?:
    y= 5(2)^X-5000

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 14, 2005 #2
    Yes. Find the x-intercept of [tex] y = 5(2)^x - 5000[/tex], or, equivalently, of [tex] y = 2^x - 1000[/tex].

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  4. Mar 14, 2005 #3
    so basically, when y=0, that's what i have to figure out? :confused:

ok so i got that, it would be about 9.97 which is approximately what i got using the algebraic method, however, how would you do this using the table feature? :uhh:

THANK YOU BTW!! :biggrin:

5. Mar 14, 2005 #4
    I don't have a TI-83, so I can't help you with that one :)

I imagine it is some sort of feature that lists values of x and corresponding values of y.

6. Mar 14, 2005 #5
    yea thats correct...well u've helped out a lot man! thanks! :cool:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?