Quick question about forces

Quick question about forces!!!

Homework Statement

A skier is sliding down a 15 degree slope. Friction is not negligible. Identify all forces on the skier.

Homework Equations

n/a

The Attempt at a Solution

The choices are: Tension, Kinetic Friction, Weight, Static Friction, Thrust, and Normal Force.

I drew a picture and assumed Kin. Friction, Weight, Thrust, and normal force were the answers but I got it wrong.

I don't think static friction is the answer because that is used to determine the force that must be overcome to initiate movement. Tension seems like a cable or string thing and not something that would affect a skier. I guess I don't know what thrust is but would it be correct to say that K. Friction, weight, and N. Force are the only forces on the skier or am I missing something? Thank you for your help!!!

Answers and Replies

Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated =]

LowlyPion
Homework Helper

I guess I don't know what thrust is but would it be correct to say that K. Friction, weight, and N. Force are the only forces on the skier or am I missing something? Thank you for your help!!!
Looks right.

There might be thrust if they were pushing with their arms with their poles, but that sounds beyond the scope of the question.