Quick question about units for Vt

• Thread starter Lfrizz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Units
In summary, the units for Vt depend on the specific variable or quantity being measured, such as volts for voltage, degrees Celsius or Kelvin for temperature, and meters per second for velocity. Vt is not a standard unit of measurement, but it can be converted to other units using appropriate conversion factors. Vt is related to other physical quantities through mathematical relationships and equations, such as V = IR for voltage, current, and resistance. Common mistakes when using units for Vt include using the wrong units or forgetting to include them in calculations, so it is important to double-check and use consistent units for accurate results.
Lfrizz
Just calculated the Tangential speed that music is detected from a CD. I found it using Vt=r[tex]\omega[/tex] where r was in meters and [tex]\omega[/tex] I converted from revolutions per second to radians per second.

What unit of measure is tangential speed in?

Thanks,
Leah

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm guessing it's meters per second, but where do the radians go? And why do we not use meters per radian per second?

Just delving too far into this tonight...

What are the units for Vt?

The units for Vt depend on the specific variable or quantity being measured. For voltage, the unit is volts (V). For temperature, the unit is typically degrees Celsius (°C) or Kelvin (K). For velocity, the unit is usually meters per second (m/s).

Is Vt a standard unit of measurement?

No, Vt is not a standard unit of measurement. It is an abbreviation commonly used in physics and engineering for various variables and quantities.

Can Vt be converted to other units?

Yes, Vt can be converted to other units by using appropriate conversion factors. For example, volts can be converted to joules per coulomb (J/C) or meters squared per second squared (m2/s2) depending on the context.

How is Vt related to other physical quantities?

Vt is related to other physical quantities through mathematical relationships and equations. For example, voltage (V) is equal to the product of current (I) and resistance (R), which can be expressed as V = IR.

Are there any common mistakes when using units for Vt?

Yes, some common mistakes when using units for Vt include using the wrong units or forgetting to include the appropriate units in calculations. It is important to always double-check and use consistent units to ensure accurate results.