Archives on PF: Accessing Old Posts and Data

• Thread starter Tog_Neve
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the availability of posts on the forum Physics Forums (PF). The speaker is trying to find older information on the forum but notices that the online archives only go back a certain amount of time. They ask if all the PF data is still available and another user confirms that it is, with a $20 donation for the complete browsable archive of PF2. The conversation ends with a reminder to check private messages and take breaks from writing.
Tog_Neve
Does PF still have all the posts on CD available?
There is some older information that I was trying to find again and I see that the archives online only go back so far...and I think it was much longer than that...
So was wondering if all the PF data is still available somewhere?

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Tog_Neve
Does PF still have all the posts on CD available?
There is some older information that I was trying to find again and I see that the archives online only go back so far...and I think it was much longer than that...
So was wondering if all the PF data is still available somewhere?

Yep :) With a $20 donation you can receive the complete browsable archive of PF2.

Kewl.
Be on the lookout here soon... :)
I really need to write down some of the good stuff I write...LOL

Don't forget to stop writing once a week or so and ...

Take time to check your PM box.

*hint*

What are archives?

Archives are collections of historical documents or records that are preserved and organized for future reference.

Why are archives important?

Archives are important because they provide a valuable source of information for researchers, historians, and the general public. They also help to preserve and protect important historical documents for future generations.

What kinds of materials can be found in archives?

Archives can contain a wide variety of materials such as letters, photographs, maps, diaries, government records, and other documents that provide insight into the past.

How are archives organized?

Archives are typically organized in a systematic way, often by date, subject, or organization. This helps to make the materials easily accessible and searchable for researchers.

How can I access archives?

Archives can be accessed in person at a physical location, such as a library or museum, or online through digital archives. Many archives also offer research services for those unable to visit in person.