1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quick Question

1. Feb 28, 2008 #1
    I have to make a sample quiz for class. Can someone look these over and answer them so I can make sure my work is correct

1. The value of g at the Earth's surface is about 10 m/s2. What is its value at a distance from the Earth's center that is three times the Earth's radius?

2.Calculate the speed in meters per second at which the Earth revolves around the Sun. Assume the orbit is nearly circular, with radius r=1.5 10^11 m.

3. Somewhere between the Earth and the Moon, the gravitational pull exerted by these two bodies on a space pod would cancel. Is this location nearer the Earth or nearer the Moon?
    A) Nearer the Earth.
    B) Nearer the Moon.
    C) At the half-way point.

Thanks for the help in advance.
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 29, 2008 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Help in advance requires some work in advance. Nothing is free. Pick one of those problems and tell us what your answer is and why you think so and you will get any number of responses.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?