Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quick questions for smart people

1. Nov 29, 2005 #1
    Are oat bran and Quaker oats the same thing? Oh and is it okay to add coffee grounds to muffins, and if so how much? Thanks.
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 29, 2005 #2

Gold Member

Quaker Oats is a specific product sold by a company. The plain ol' Quaker Oats are rolled oats. You can just read the list of ingredients. I like this site (that page lists info about oats) -- you might want to browse around it.

Sure, you can put coffee grounds in muffins (how much depends on what you want the end product to be), but why would you want to? Have you ever eaten coffee grounds? Heh, I have, and I don't think they're very tasty. And AFAIK, they're not nutritious either. Do you just want caffeine?
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2005
  4. Nov 29, 2005 #3
    It says Quaker oats are "rolled oats", and oat bran is the outer part of the grain (different thing). It said oat bran, but I mistakenly used rolled oats. whatever.
  5. Nov 29, 2005 #4

Gold Member

The amount of coffee grounds you put in a muffin should be entirely dependant on just how foul you wish it to taste. :tongue:
  6. Nov 29, 2005 #5
    I would think if you wanted coffee flaver, to add a few teaspoons of instant coffee to the batch.
  7. Nov 29, 2005 #6
    Have any of you ever eaten chocolate covered espresso beans? They're awesome! And ofcourse you can put ground coffee in muffins. Espresso beans would probably be better though. You want to either grind them extremely fine or you can make it more course but then you should probably make the amount of grounds smaller.
  8. Nov 29, 2005 #7

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I'm thinking of the time Dilbert substituted cheese when the recipie called for yogurt.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?