Verify Trigonometric Identity: 2/cosx = 2secx | Doubtful Answer?

• Thread starter Mozart
  • Start date
In summary: It's defined as "hott." :!) :wink:In summary, quasar987 said that sex(x) is by far his favorite trig function, especially when evatuated at the point sex(quasar987). However, whenever he puts that into his calculator, he keeps on getting "no solution." He suggests that someone might want to consider taking their hand out of their pants once in a while.
Mozart
Hello, I just worked out a trigonometric identity, and got an answer of 2/cosx=2secx I am doubting that the two equal each other but it is what I keep on getting. Some verification would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
how could they NOT be equal, since it is the DEFINITION of sec(x) that sec(x) = 1/cos(x).

YES HAHAHA I FINALLY GOT ONE RIGHT. I RULE!

Oh yes. Where are my manners. Thank you, you sexy quasar you.

By the way the question was an actual question. You know one of those thingys you probably did in high school where they give you something like blah blah blah= blah bla blah and prove it n' such.

Last edited:
Mozart said:
YES HAHAHA I FINALLY GOT ONE RIGHT. I RULE!

Oh yes. Where are my manners. Thank you, you sexy quasar you.
That's two you got right. :wink:

Lol. I think this is the quickest question ever.

quasar987 said:
how could they NOT be equal, since it is the DEFINITION of sec(x) that sec(x) = 1/cos(x).
One possible definition. It would be better to say sec(x)cos(x)=1 is a well known identity.

Last edited:
lurflurf said:
One possible definition. It would be better to say sex(x)cos(x)=1 is a well known identity.

I didn't realize that variables had gender :wink:

lurflurf said:
It would be better to say sex(x)cos(x)=1

sex(x) is by far my favorite trig function, especially when evatuated at the point sex(quasar987).

quasar987 said:
sex(x) is by far my favorite trig function, especially when evatuated at the point sex(quasar987).

but whenever i put that into my calculator, i keep on getting "no solution."

:tongue:

Hahah. Nice.

Wait I'll think of a come-back. :devil:

Last edited:
HAHAHAHA.. this thread is hilarious.

quasar987 said:
It is well known that sex(z) has an essential singularity at z=quasar987 and thus by Picard's Great Theorem sex assumes all values with at most one exception in every neighborhood of z=quasar987. In this case there is one exception. On this darn keyboard x is just left of c. I make that error far less often freehand. At least we know
sex(pi/2-x)=csx(x)
I wonder what sex(x)/csx(x) is. tax(x) or maybe tan^3(x)?

Last edited:
lurflurf said:
I make that error far less often freehand.

then you might want to consider taking your hand out of your pants once in a while.

:eek:

Brad Barker said:
quasar987 said:
Originally Posted by quasar987

but whenever i put that into my calculator, i keep on getting "no solution."

Funny how it is defined for sex(Brad Barker + lurflurf) though. :grumpy:

:tongue2:

quasar987 said:
Funny how it is defined for sex(Brad Barker + lurflurf) though. :grumpy:

:tongue2:

it's defined as "hott." :!)

eww, lurflurf's a guy dude. :yuck:

What exactly is "Quickest Question Ever"?

"Quickest Question Ever" is a concept invented by scientists to refer to a question that can be answered in the shortest amount of time possible.

What makes a question the "Quickest Question Ever"?

A question can be considered the "Quickest Question Ever" if it is concise, straightforward, and requires a simple answer.

Why is the concept of "Quickest Question Ever" important in science?

The concept of "Quickest Question Ever" is important in science because it encourages scientists to think critically and efficiently, leading to more streamlined research and discoveries.

Can any question be considered the "Quickest Question Ever"?

No, not all questions can be considered the "Quickest Question Ever". It is a subjective concept and can vary depending on the context and the person being asked the question.

How can I ask a "Quickest Question Ever"?

To ask a "Quickest Question Ever", keep your question short and to the point, avoid unnecessary details, and make sure it can be answered with a simple yes or no or a short phrase.