My Quirky Habits and Behaviors

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the person has quirks of being obsessive about detail, always needing to know what's going on, and being really bad at math.
windsupernova said:
When walking in a tiled floor, I always make sure I don´t step on the lines.

Hm, sometimes I walk only ON the lines, to not fall down.

Physics news on Phys.org
I like to puff out my chest,put my right hand on my hip and swivel my head around gormlessly.It's not so much of a quirk more of a hobby.

mcknia07 said:
I have to have the TV volume and radio volume on an even number, if I am with someone else, I have to ask them, to make it even. I just cringe whenever it stays on an even number!

I have a similar quirk concerning the radio station frequency.

For FM stations, I only listen to those frequencies that are an odd multiple of 0.1 MHz. Eg., 90.1 and 90.3, but never 90.2

:biggrin:

Redbelly98 said:
For FM stations, I only listen to those frequencies that are an odd multiple of 0.1 MHz. Eg., 90.1 and 90.3, but never 90.2

:biggrin:
Hey! Me too! But I always thought it was because the even stations played lower-quality music... lots of hiss and snow.:rolleyes:

I shave and brush my teeth in the shower. Things get messy when I forget what I'm doing and get things out of order, which is why I try to always brush my teeth or my face first; rather than shaving my face or my teeth. I hate it when autopilot messes up.

I pay an unusual amount of attention to people's hands when they talk, or they are walking by; if I even notice them at all. I often don't know what to do with my arms when I'm not using them.

I sometimes catch myself counting my teeth with my tongue. I don't know why. IT's not like thye have gone anywhre since the last time.

redargon said:
I do this too, especially with my car radio, but I've been forcing myself to change it 'cos it is a little disconcerting to others. I hate it when people change my radio settings in my car while I'm driving, so I expect people don't appreciate me doing it to them either. Oh, and odd numbers are ok... if they're multiples of 5. :tongue:

Now you so totally sound like my cousin. Him and I have the same quirks, which is weird, but maybe it just runs in the family :biggrin: Tho, I can't do the multiples of 5 thing...

My PF sig has a clickable link.

A line is automatically displayed at the top of the sig. Another line is drawn under the link in my sig.

I have omitted the last word of the sig from the link, in order to make those two lines be the same length.

Redbelly98 said:
My PF sig has a clickable link.

A line is automatically displayed at the top of the sig. Another line is drawn under the link in my sig.

I have omitted the last word of the sig from the link, in order to make those two lines be the same length.

What browser are you using? The lines do not appear the same length to me. The lower line is much longer than the upper one.

The length of the lower line depends on the browser, the browser settings, and the available fonts.

Using Firefox, font = Arial.

Your wise words have freed me from my quirky habits, and I have changed my sig so that the complete text is part of the link. Equal line lengths be damned!

Thank you.

I've been wearing a watch the doesn't work for over a year now. I don't really need a watch anymore, but it doesn't look good to show up for a contract negotiation while not wearing one. Since my twenty dollar special from Radio Shack looks exactly like a Rolex, I keep wearing it.

I even had a factory manager threaten to take my "Rolex" if I didn't have a system up by the deadline. I told him that if I didn't make it, he could have my watch.