1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quit an internship?

1. Jun 23, 2011 #1
    Hey guys, I need some advice... So I'm doing research with a professor in my university's physics department and I really want to quit, is this a terrible idea for my future? I'm going into my senior year as a physics BS with a 3.38 gpa. Last summer I had a pretty good internship that I stuck through, and I am going to end up being a supper senior so I will have another chance at research next summer.

Any insite would be greatly appreciated

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2011 #2

fss

Why do you want to quit? Quitting for anything but an exceptional reason is certainly not going to help your case for graduate school or future employment prospects.

4. Jun 23, 2011 #3
    Because I feel like what I'm doing is pointless and I would rather be enjoying my summer than sitting in a windowless office typing on mathematica all day long. Plus my boss assumes I know WAY more than I should for my level of student and I can't understand the grad student that I can ask for help cuz he is middle eastern and has a heavy accent. Pretty much just hating everything so far this summer and I want to make the best of it, I feel like the best way to do that would be to quit and get a different job for the remainder.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook