Who will be the next winner of the Physics Forums Quiz?

• Thread starter micromass
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Quiz
In summary, the Physics Forums Quiz will be taking place on Sunday October 2nd 2011 at 20:00 GMT. Anyone is welcome to join and participate in the contest, however, the first person to answer a question correctly will receive 1 point. The quiz master's decision is final. Members are asked to not carry any conversation other than answering the question, or seeking clarification during each round. There will be a break between each round where members may seek clarification on any answer that was given during the previous round. However, points will not be reallocated. There are two rounds: the first round is for Science, Nature, and Technology questions, and the second round is for History questions. Any questions not covered in the previous

I remember you were looking at a website that said daylight saving was not in effect in EST.

I just found this: "During the eight-month period of Daylight Saving Time, the names of time in each of the time zones in the U.S. (map) change as well. Eastern Standard Time (EST) becomes Eastern Daylight Time, [...]"

So EST never has daylight saving and you are currently not in EST, but in EDT.

Physics news on Phys.org

Pengwuino said:
Can we just ban micro and get it over with?

Wouldn't work - he'd just come back from that.

I like Serena said:
I remember you were looking at a website that said daylight saving was not in effect in EST.

I just found this: "During the eight-month period of Daylight Saving Time, the names of time in each of the time zones in the U.S. (map) change as well. Eastern Standard Time (EST) becomes Eastern Daylight Time, [...]"

So EST never has daylight saving and you are currently not in EST, but in EDT.

OH! Well that's the answer I was looking for in the original thread about that site. Thank you for informing me.

No matter what time zone you are in - 15 minutes left.