Test Your Knowledge: A Little Quiz on US Activities in the Middle East

In summary, the conversation involved a person asking a series of yes or no questions about the impact of US economic and military activities in the Middle East, as well as the actions and awareness of the US administration and its involvement in conflicts. The other person expressed frustration with the first person's approach and questioned their motives. The expert summarizer responded with short answers to each question, avoiding any additional commentary.
Adam
A little quiz. Answer only yes or no. If you feel the need to add something other than yes or no, place it at the end of the post please.

1) Have US economic and military activities caused social/economic problems in the Middle East?

2) If your answer to Q1 was yes, is the US administration aware enough of the world around them to be aware that their activities have caused problems in the Middle East? Skip if your answer to Q1 was no.

3) If your answer to Q1 was no, then do a nation's economic and military activities only positively affect other nations?

4) Has any Middle Eastern state ever attacked the USA?

5) Has the USA ever attacked any Middle Eastern state?

6) If your answer to Q4 was yes, then which country has attacked more nations, the USA or any Middle Eastern state you feel qualifies as a "yes" for Q4?

7) Do you think the USA's military activities in the Middle East will encourage military aggression, regular or irregular, against the USA?

8) If your answer to Q7 was yes, then do you think the USA administration is aware of this possibility/probability?

9) If your answer to Q7 was no, then do you think all people in countries attacked by the USA should simply sit there and take it?

10) Are you a citizen of the USA?

11) Do you think the president of the USA faithfullly represents the interests of the people of the USA?

12) Are President Bush and Dick Cheney financially involved with companies profiting from the invasion of Iraq?

13) Are companies which supplied the USA military's invasion of Iraq, and supply the re-stocking of arms afterward, involved in contributing campaign funds to Bush and Cheney?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
D -u - m - b

Well, I guess we know Geniere's capabilities...

Any adults care to respond to the questions?

It was a good post Adam, but the right wingers on this board are too smart to fall for it.

All I ask for are honest yes or no answers. No semantics or circumlocution required. Just yes or no. Surely it's no too difficult.

And no, they aren't. They are generally desperate to avoid the simple yes or no, because it reveals so much. It stems not from cleverness, but from a desperation to avoid confronting uncomfortable realities.

Last edited:
lol, just answer my trick questions so that I can trap you into agreeing to my convoluted thinking...that's it...just answer yes or no and skip the Kerry-like nanonuances...BAHAHAHA *Adam rubs his hands together in a mad scientist like manner*

*Adds Kat to the list of desperados who won't respond...*

They really are simple questions. Yes or no. Surely you can do that much, yes?

Adam said:
All I ask for are honest yes or no answers. No semantics or circumlocution required. Just yes or no. Surely it's no too difficult.

And no, they aren't. They are generally desperate to avoid the simple yes or no, because it reveals so much. It stems not from cleverness, but from a desperation to avoid confronting uncomfortable realities.

says the guy who degrades into a troll the moment I enter a thread. Perhaps the pavlovian response will be lessened this time around, since I've called it out before I go on to answer your quiz.

*Adds phatmonky to the list of desperados who can't respond...*

Adam said:
A little quiz. Answer only yes or no. If you feel the need to add something other than yes or no, place it at the end of the post please.

1) Have US economic and military activities caused social/economic problems in the Middle East?

2) If your answer to Q1 was yes, is the US administration aware enough of the world around them to be aware that their activities have caused problems in the Middle East? Skip if your answer to Q1 was no.

3) If your answer to Q1 was no, then do a nation's economic and military activities only positively affect other nations?

6) If your answer to Q4 was yes, then which country has attacked more nations, the USA or any Middle Eastern state you feel qualifies as a "yes" for Q4?

7) Do you think the USA's military activities in the Middle East will encourage military aggression, regular or irregular, against the USA?

8) If your answer to Q7 was yes, then do you think the USA administration is aware of this possibility/probability?

9) If your answer to Q7 was no, then do you think all people in countries attacked by the USA should simply sit there and take it?

11) Do you think the president of the USA faithfullly represents the interests of the people of the USA?

12) Are President Bush and Dick Cheney financially involved with companies profiting from the invasion of Iraq?

13) Are companies which supplied the USA military's invasion of Iraq, and supply the re-stocking of arms afterward, involved in contributing campaign funds to Bush and Cheney?

1>Yes.
2>Yes.
3>
4>Not the mainland, and I'll leave my answer to this short response, as your question is obviously acute for a reason.
5>Yes.
6>
7>This is a generalized question for a multitude of events. I can not answer it.
8>Despite my answer (lack of) to number 7, I do believe the admin is aware of the possibility.
9>My opinion can't be put into yes or no on this. reder to number 7.
10>Yes.
11>Depends on the President.
12>Absolutely.
13>Yes some are.

Now Adam. I have a question for you. Since Conservatives are always labeled as seeing things "black and white", how do you explain your simplistic views, and believe that you can get anything but a twisted predirected response when you require only YES and NO answers??

Second question: Do you even care if anyone repsonds fully, or are you simply looking for validation in your own views?

Adam said:
*Adds Kat to the list of desperados who won't respond...*
It seems I'm in good company!

They really are simple questions. Yes or no. Surely you can do that much, yes?
I learned a long time ago not to try and answer yes or no questions I don't agree with.

phatmonky said:
before I go on to answer your quiz.

Hey troll boy.

Adam said:
*Adds phatmonky to the list of desperados who can't respond...*

EDIT - heh, I just realized the response ISN'T lessened by my prediction of the event.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) I asked for yes or no answers. Try again.

2) As I have invited others before, anyone who wishes to ask me a specific question may either start a thread for that purpose, or send me a private message. Do not wander off topic for your personal crusades.

3) I believe "troll boy" qualifies for moderator attention.

I see this thread isn't going to go anywhere. I tried to play ball. Too bad Adam.Atleast no one else will waste their time now.

Adam said:
1) I asked for yes or no answers. Try again.

2) As I have invited others before, anyone who wishes to ask me a specific question may either start a thread for that purpose, or send me a private message. Do not wander off topic for your personal crusades.

3) I believe "troll boy" qualifies for moderator attention.

1> nope.

2> That's against the rules as well.

3> The moderators are welcome to ban me or edit/delete my posts anytime they wish. But it is redundant for me to say that, as they have always reserved that right.

Come on, kids. Surely one of you can manage it. A simple list of monosyllabic responses. Yes or no to each question. Anyone...?

After you Adam, no i insist.

I'll also decline to answer. The questions boil down to:

Pick which of the following best applies to the US:
a. The US is bad.
b. The US is not good.

Sorry, Adam, not playing your game.

Looks like sophistry to me.

Adam, the problem with your quiz is obvious and called The Fallacy of Limited Options. In other words, some issues are too complex to be answered with a simple yes or no.

Okay, my answers are YES, NO, YES, NO, YES, YES and NO, but not necessarily in that order. :approve:

In the spirit of Gokul's response, put me down for a no, yes, yes, no, no, yes. I refuse to answer one of the questions.

Okay, I changed my mind...you can put me down for:
1. yes
2. yes!
3. oh YES!
4.GOD YES!
5. YES! YES! YES!

kat said:
1. yes
2. yes!
3. oh YES!
4.GOD YES!
5. YES! YES! YES!

Now why does that sound like something out of 'When Harry met Sally' ? :tongue2:

Believe it or not, the lack of actual responses does provide me with some answers. But I thought it might be nice for people from the USA and elsewhere to compare basic, fundamental, yes or no responses.

And yes, I do still wonder if anyone can do it.

But I thought it might be nice...

Well, you were wrong.

Does that mean you will attempt answering the quetsions?

Just to be clear, any responses in this thread which are NOT answering the questions, or extra comments supplied after answering the questions, are off-topic. Yep, including all my posts requesting that you possible humans actually attempt to answer the questions.

Just to be clear, any responses in this thread which are NOT answering the questions, or extra comments supplied after answering the questions, are off-topic.

Yes, teacher.

Well, that's one who has realized his/her place in the universe. Come along now kids, sign on and fall into line.

And yet I wait...

Will you go on a hunger strike until someone answers your silly questions?

JohnDubYa

Interesting...

But no, sorry.

kat said:
1. yes
2. yes!
3. oh YES!
4.GOD YES!
5. YES! YES! YES!

I think I'm in love :blush:

kat said:
1. yes
2. yes!
3. oh YES!
4.GOD YES!
5. YES! YES! YES!
Gee, kat, I didn't realize you found politics so...stimulating.

I answer YES all the way through, so now what happens?

Adam said:

1. Yes and No
2. Yes
3. No
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. This is not a Yes or No question.
7. No
8. Yes (even though I answered no to Q7 that does not mean they are not aware of this possibility.)
9. No (Not ALL people)
10. Yes
11. Yes and No (It's a big country)
12. I am not qualified to answer this.
13. Yes (and I'm sure any other candidate as well. I believe it is legal to a certain limit.)

Now you answer some Yes or No questions for me:

1. Has the USA ever attacked a country because their citizens watch TV?

2. Has the USA ever attacked a country because their citizens surf the internet?

3. Has the USA ever attacked a country because their citizens take vacations?

4. Has the USA ever attacked a country because their citizens have a business interest in the USA?

5. Has the USA's involvement in the Middle East ONLY been bad for the region?

6. If your answer to Q5 is "no," then are the nations of the Middle East aware that the USA has helped them in some way?

7. Has the USA ever attacked a country and not given control of that country back to the country?

8. (This is not a Yes/No question.) If Q7 is "Yes" which one?

9. Is there any nation in the world that provides more foreign Aide than the USA?

10. (This is not a Yes/No question.) If Q9 is "Yes" which one?

Have fun and remember, no cheating off your neighbor.

phatmonky said:
I answer YES all the way through, so now what happens?
Now you get thanked for being the only one capable of answering the questions.