Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quiz time

1. Aug 23, 2004 #1
    A little quiz. Answer only yes or no. If you feel the need to add something other than yes or no, place it at the end of the post please.

1) Have US economic and military activities caused social/economic problems in the Middle East?

2) If your answer to Q1 was yes, is the US administration aware enough of the world around them to be aware that their activities have caused problems in the Middle East? Skip if your answer to Q1 was no.

3) If your answer to Q1 was no, then do a nation's economic and military activities only positively affect other nations?

4) Has any Middle Eastern state ever attacked the USA?

5) Has the USA ever attacked any Middle Eastern state?

6) If your answer to Q4 was yes, then which country has attacked more nations, the USA or any Middle Eastern state you feel qualifies as a "yes" for Q4?

7) Do you think the USA's military activities in the Middle East will encourage military aggression, regular or irregular, against the USA?

8) If your answer to Q7 was yes, then do you think the USA administration is aware of this possibility/probability?

9) If your answer to Q7 was no, then do you think all people in countries attacked by the USA should simply sit there and take it?

10) Are you a citizen of the USA?

11) Do you think the president of the USA faithfullly represents the interests of the people of the USA?

12) Are President Bush and Dick Cheney financially involved with companies profiting from the invasion of Iraq?

13) Are companies which supplied the USA military's invasion of Iraq, and supply the re-stocking of arms afterward, involved in contributing campaign funds to Bush and Cheney?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 23, 2004 #2

GENIERE

Science Advisor

D -u - m - b

4. Aug 23, 2004 #3
    Well, I guess we know Geniere's capabilities...

Any adults care to respond to the questions?

5. Aug 23, 2004 #4

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

It was a good post Adam, but the right wingers on this board are too smart to fall for it.

6. Aug 23, 2004 #5
    All I ask for are honest yes or no answers. No semantics or circumlocution required. Just yes or no. Surely it's no too difficult.

And no, they aren't. They are generally desperate to avoid the simple yes or no, because it reveals so much. It stems not from cleverness, but from a desperation to avoid confronting uncomfortable realities.

7. Aug 23, 2004 #6

kat

lol, just answer my trick questions so that I can trap you into agreeing to my convoluted thinking...that's it...just answer yes or no and skip the Kerry-like nanonuances....BAHAHAHA *Adam rubs his hands together in a mad scientist like manner*

8. Aug 23, 2004 #7
    *Adds Kat to the list of desperados who won't respond...*

They really are simple questions. Yes or no. Surely you can do that much, yes?

9. Aug 23, 2004 #8

says the guy who degrades into a troll the moment I enter a thread. Perhaps the pavlovian response will be lessened this time around, since I've called it out before I go on to answer your quiz.

10. Aug 23, 2004 #9
    *Adds phatmonky to the list of desperados who can't respond...*

11. Aug 23, 2004 #10

1>Yes.
    2>Yes.
    3>
    4>Not the mainland, and I'll leave my answer to this short response, as your question is obviously acute for a reason.
    5>Yes.
    6>
    7>This is a generalized question for a multitude of events. I can not answer it.
    8>Despite my answer (lack of) to number 7, I do believe the admin is aware of the possibility.
    9>My opinion can't be put in to yes or no on this. reder to number 7.
    10>Yes.
    11>Depends on the President.
    12>Absolutely.
    13>Yes some are.

Now Adam. I have a question for you. Since Conservatives are always labeled as seeing things "black and white", how do you explain your simplistic views, and believe that you can get anything but a twisted predirected response when you require only YES and NO answers??

Second question: Do you even care if anyone repsonds fully, or are you simply looking for validation in your own views?

12. Aug 23, 2004 #11

kat

It seems I'm in good company!

I learned a long time ago not to try and answer yes or no questions I don't agree with.

13. Aug 23, 2004 #12

Hey troll boy.

EDIT - heh, I just realized the response ISN'T lessened by my prediction of the event.

14. Aug 23, 2004 #13
    1) I asked for yes or no answers. Try again.

2) As I have invited others before, anyone who wishes to ask me a specific question may either start a thread for that purpose, or send me a private message. Do not wander off topic for your personal crusades.

3) I believe "troll boy" qualifies for moderator attention.

15. Aug 23, 2004 #14
    I see this thread isn't going to go anywhere. I tried to play ball. Too bad Adam.Atleast no one else will waste their time now.

16. Aug 23, 2004 #15
    1> nope.

2> That's against the rules as well.

3> The moderators are welcome to ban me or edit/delete my posts anytime they wish. But it is redundant for me to say that, as they have always reserved that right.

17. Aug 23, 2004 #16
    Come on, kids. Surely one of you can manage it. A simple list of monosyllabic responses. Yes or no to each question. Anyone...?

18. Aug 23, 2004 #17
    After you Adam, no i insist.

19. Aug 23, 2004 #18

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I'll also decline to answer. The questions boil down to:

Pick which of the following best applies to the US:
    a. The US is bad.
    b. The US is not good.

Sorry, Adam, not playing your game.

20. Aug 23, 2004 #19
    Looks like sophistry to me.

Adam, the problem with your quiz is obvious and called The Fallacy of Limited Options. In other words, some issues are too complex to be answered with a simple yes or no.

21. Aug 23, 2004 #20

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, my answers are YES, NO, YES, NO, YES, YES and NO, but not necessarily in that order. :approve:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?