Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quotes from Teddy

1. Sep 18, 2012 #1

MacLaddy

Gold Member

Considering the political and social climate of the day, I thought now would be a good time to post some of my favorite quotes from our 26th President, Theodore Roosevelt.

President Roosevelt was a member of the Republican Party during his time in office, yet it seems to me that he would not fall under the same mantle today. (nor any of the other options)

The messages in many of these quotes transcend politics.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/theodore_roosevelt.html

And my favorite of all time, an excerpt from the speech "Citizenship In A Republic" delivered at the Sorbonne, in Paris, France on April 23rd, 1910

http://www.theodore-roosevelt.com/trsorbonnespeech.html

There are many other great quotes. Post if you have any favorites.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2012 #2

MacLaddy

Gold Member

The fact that this post received not a single reply- and that it went completely ignored on an intellectual forum such as this, can mean only one thing...

I must be the biggest NERD on the entire planet!!! :surprised

How could it possibly have come to this?

4. Sep 27, 2012 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: You can probably get some formidable competition here for that title!

5. Oct 3, 2012 #4
    I would like to know more about Theodore Roosevelt, I've only come across his words in quote form, but he certainly had some great things to say. I always get confused with the other Roosevelt but I have an excuse (I hope!) because I'm not from the US.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook