Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bug Quotes Not Keeping Caps

1. Sep 3, 2012 #1

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Just wondering if a quote should keep the capitalization of the quoted text. I just quoted someone in the general forum and it got rid of the capitalization of two words. (All letters were in caps)

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 3, 2012 #2

Borek

You can't post in caps alone, the engine is a little bit too sensitive sometimes. For example it doesn't allow chemical formulas like KOH. I guess that's the same problem.

4. Sep 3, 2012 #3

Drakkith

What do you mean? Like you can't put an entire post in caps? Or you can't quote words that are fully in caps?

5. Sep 3, 2012 #4

Borek

You can't put an entire post in caps (try). But perhaps for some reason the engine modified the quote as it was entire post or something like that. Or perhaps it analyses the quotes separately.

6. Sep 3, 2012 #5

Evo

I've noticed that certain formatting is lost when you quote, but I quoted the same post as you and the caps remained.

7. Sep 3, 2012 #6

Drakkith

Odd...

8. Sep 4, 2012 #7

Dembadon

Gold Member

I noticed this a while ago, and still haven't figured out what's going on. It even happens within words (see link below). :confused:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=3649116&postcount=37

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook