1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Qus on Chemistry for a Physics Major

1. Nov 4, 2009 #1
    Hi, i'm a freshman Physics major heading planning for my second semester (starting sophomore physics b/c of APs yay!) Anyway, I was planning out my next 3 years based on the outline my school gives for physics majors heading to Graduate school, and I figured if I take two maths and two physics classes a semester, I can complete a double major with at least 9 credits left (assuming my research takes up 6 credits, the max). For the most part, I'll only be taking 16/15 credits per semester (except for three when I'll be taking 18/18/19). Anyway, I was figuring that with the 9 credits I have left over, I should take Graduate level classes.

However, one of the classes they recommend is the first half of intro to chem, which will take up at least 5 credits. For ppl that are going to graduate school, is chem really necessary? I mean, I don't expect it to be difficult, but i don't really want to be taking 20 credits per semester or sacrifice graduate courses. After all, if I really need to learn chem, wouldn't opencourseware suffice? Also, how many credits do math/physics majors usually take per semester?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted