How Can I Find a Bashforth-Adams Table to Calculate Surface Tension?

In summary, the person is looking for a way to calculate surface tension using the Bashforth-Adams table, but they do not have the full table and are looking for it online. They mention some articles about the subject, but they need to be purchased. They also mention their specific use case of measuring tension for a multicomponent mixture and mental in high temperature.
rodbare
Hi, how can found Bashforth-Adams table(.xls or .doc or .txt,PC's doc),to calc surface tension!Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Of which liquid do you wish to determine surface tension?

Values are usually tabulated for specific liquids and thermo-mechanical conditions, e.g. http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/physics/SurfaceTension.html

There are articles on the subject -

Toshihiro Tanaka, Klaus Hack, and Shigeta Hara: Use of Thermodynamic Data to Determine Surface Tension and Viscosity of Metallic Alloys, MRS Bulletin, 24(4) (1999) p.45.

The calculation of surface tension for simple liquids
M V Berry et al 1972 J. Phys. A: Gen. Phys. 5 166-170

But they must be purchased.

There is some discussion here - http://fwnc7010.leidenuniv.nl/cis/presentations/joris.pdf, but it's not the best.

Thanks,Astronus.
I want to code a program ,its can search Bashforth-Adams table ,and calc curvature radius、surface tension,but,I have not full Bashforth-Adams table on hand,so I want to find it on web.My exam is static drop method,I want to measure the tension of multicomponent mixture and mental in high temperature!

Peace on Earth, and Goodwill to all Peoples, each day, every day, ad infinitum. :rofl: - Joy to the World, Joy to You and Me. - Three Dog Night :rofl:

1. What is surface tension?

Surface tension is a physical property of liquids that causes the surface of a liquid to behave like a thin, elastic membrane. It is caused by the cohesive forces between the liquid molecules, which create a tension on the surface that resists external forces.

2. How is surface tension measured?

Surface tension is typically measured in units of force per unit length, such as newtons per meter (N/m) or dynes per centimeter (dyn/cm). It can be measured using a variety of methods, including the drop weight method, capillary rise method, and Wilhelmy plate method.

3. What factors affect surface tension?

Surface tension is affected by several factors, including temperature, type of liquid, and presence of impurities. Generally, surface tension decreases as temperature increases and as the concentration of impurities increases. Additionally, different liquids have different surface tensions due to variations in their molecular structure.

4. How does surface tension impact everyday life?

Surface tension plays a significant role in many everyday activities, such as washing dishes, blowing bubbles, and even walking on water. It also affects the behavior of liquids in containers, such as the formation of menisci in drinking glasses and the ability of insects to walk on water.

5. Can surface tension be manipulated or controlled?

Yes, surface tension can be manipulated or controlled through various methods, such as adding surfactants (substances that reduce surface tension) or changing the temperature of the liquid. In research and industrial settings, surface tension can also be modified using specialized equipment, such as surface tensiometers.