R.I.P Great Balls of Fire

• Thread starter phinds
  • Start date

Answers and Replies

Klystron
Gold Member
The film "Great Balls of Fire" starring Dennis Quaid as Jerry Lee is based partially on his younger wife's recollections of the piano great. The film includes a humorous portrayal of Lewis's crazy evangelical cousin Jimmy Swaggart.

pinball1970
Gold Member
Along w/ Elvis, Buddy Holly, Little Richard, and many other founders of rock and roll, Jerry Lee Lewis really was a great ball of fire.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/entertainment/jerry-lee-lewis-dead/index.html
Mum loved him. She said his popularity declined sharply in the UK after the infamous marriage.
He certainly had a unique sound.
I would have been absolutely nuts about rock and roll if I would have been a teenager in the 50s. Bill Hayley, Elvis, Eddie Cochran, Little Richard. Brilliant.

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2022 Award
I would have been absolutely nuts about rock and roll if I would have been a teenager in the 50s. Bill Hayley, Elvis, Eddie Cochran, Little Richard. Brilliant.
Yes. I've heard it said, correctly I believe, that whatever music you love from ages 14 to 16 is YOUR music and always will be. I really love a lot of 60's music but for me nothing will ever match the magic of Elvis, Jerry Lee, Fats, Little Richard, Buddy, etc. from the late 50's.

Likes Klystron and pinball1970
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I wasn't able to find anything from Google searches, but I heard and watched him at a little music hall, Oak Lodge, outside of Baldwin City, Kansas back in the 1970's

Suggested for: R.I.P Great Balls of Fire

• Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies