1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

R134a Pump

1. Apr 1, 2009 #1
    Just a quick question, which mayb be very simple to answer,

I have a system which is currently running R134a as the working fluid, are there specfic circulators i have to use to move the fluid around?

I have the pressure drop and head for the system calcuated, but am stumped on what pump i am able to use.

Being a non corrosive fluid, can i get away with a normal domestic heating pump?

Cheers

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 1, 2009 #2
    What are your GPM (gallons per minute) requirements? What pressure (in,out) do you need? What temperature range? Because R134A is a refrigerant, will you be pumping vapor at all?

4. Apr 2, 2009 #3
    The gallons per minute required is 2
    the temp is 285 kelvin and yes there will b vapour

5. Apr 2, 2009 #4
    Do you need a constant-volume positive-displacement (liquid or vapor) pump? What is the pressure differential across the pump? The maximum pressure determines how good the seals need to be, and the pressure difference determines the horsepower.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook