Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News Race War

1. May 11, 2010 #1
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. May 11, 2010 #2

Char. Limit

Gold Member

Sure, why not. Let's start another civil war, this one along racial lines, in the most willingly armed* country in the world. Some people just don't know when to stop, I guess.

*by "willingly armed", I'm using an awkward phrase, but I'm trying to imply "armed and willing to use the arms".

4. May 11, 2010 #3
    Yeah! Down with the white man!

5. May 11, 2010 #4
    Is this nonsense fairly typical of La Raza types? I have sometimes used material from the Southern Poverty Law Center to learn more about various racist groups (mostly white, big surprise), and they refer to La Raza as a "civil rights organization" or something like that. I have long suspected that was a bit euphemistic. In the same way that some on the far right might consider David Duke a "free speech activist."

Identity politics isn't very sexy, no matter what your skin color is. Even oppressed peoples, who at least have an excuse, can do better than that.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  6. May 11, 2010 #5

cronxeh

Gold Member

White people are a sleeping beast you don't want to wake up.

The beast wakes up at 1:40. He was even told 'its not worth it' but noooo (warning, video contains adult language and a graphic smackdown)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4OnhnvczTk

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  7. May 11, 2010 #6
    cronxeh that was great!
    I'm not prejudice at all, and this situation could have been reversed. But it's nice to see someone with a big mouth get their mouth busted!

8. May 11, 2010 #7
    I'm not one for violence but this is one of the few instances were someone learned his lesson the wrong way.

I'm sure the older gentlemen in one way shape or form was seen in the wrong. Pity. He acted bravely.

9. May 11, 2010 #8

mheslep

Gold Member

10. May 11, 2010 #9

??

Two mentally unhinged people got in a fight. No big surprise there. One of them happened to be really good at fighting, while the other was not. I don't think either one of them was particularly heroic. Must every fight have a good guy and bad guy?

11. May 11, 2010 #10
    Certainly not all, but there are many that starts with some idiot provoking the other.
    Thus, the one that "provokes" is the bad guy in my book.

12. May 11, 2010 #11

DavidSnider

Gold Member

The black guy was drunk.

The white guy has a history of this kind of stuff and lies about everything.

All things being even, I tend to side with the guy who is not wearing a shirt that says "I am a mother****er" on it.

13. May 11, 2010 #12

Borg

Gold Member

I worked in an auto plant years ago and saw guys like that all of the time. Two stupid racists pushing each other's buttons.

Side note: I'm going on vacation and I expect this thread will be locked by the time I get back. :devil:

14. May 11, 2010 #13
    Vacation? Nice! Can I be your baggage handler?

15. May 11, 2010 #14

Borg

Gold Member

16. May 11, 2010 #15
    Where did you get that information? From what I know vietnam tom or whatever his name is was clearly just minding his own business when this guy started talking **** to him. That was when vietnam tom swiftly kicked into self-defense mode and beat the **** outta the black guy... also when the black lady filming swiftly kicked into gear and robbed some of his stuff from in his bag.

They had an interview of him and he started to cry during the interview over his lost mother lol... idk man. I'd just like a source showing what you said about vietnam tom being true.

17. May 11, 2010 #16

DavidSnider

Gold Member

Here he's getting tased by the cops for being belligerent at a baseball game:

This one is an interview with the guy he beat up:

Micheal says at the end that the cops told him when they were getting arrested that "This guy (Tom) is a 5150 and has a history". Which appears to be true.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  18. May 11, 2010 #17

cronxeh

Gold Member

That happened 6 months after the bus incident. And he was sitting there minding his own business when cops just tased him for non compliance. 5150 in Oakland PD means Mental Case. More than likely a person with history of psychiatric behavior disorders, also known as 'emotionally disturbed person'.

19. May 11, 2010 #18
    This happened well after the incident on the bus and this man does have psychiatric disorders... but I don't see why that matters it should be expected he is a vet from nam and his mother had recently passed as I stated before(probable reason for the 5150)... I don't see how this proves anything in your original statement...

EDIT: Just noticed cronxeh posted faster than I had posted lol.

+++I think that the video from the black guys interview confirms Toms story... at least how the entire fight started.

20. May 11, 2010 #19
    This is why I dislike people in general, and can only stand a small subset. The rest make me want to commit highly illegal and violent acts out of sheer frustration.

By the way, am I the only one who thinks that Tasers have made cops a little too ready to subdue with violent coercion rather than civil means? For civilians, do you realize that if you pull a taser, others may well draw and fire an pistol? *sigh* Oy.

Anyway, I don't care why someone calls for a race war, they need to be put somewhere they can quietly go mad(der), say, a very small cylinder they cannot sit down in, with diffuse white light, and white noise? I say, stick em in there until they become monosyllabic, white, black, brown, or any shade in between. I am WAY too tired of prejudice to be bothered with "flavours" of racism. Bigots are bigots, period.

Mentally ill and a bigot? Guess what, we have enough people already, go sit in your cylinder until you hear voices.

21. May 11, 2010 #20

cronxeh

Gold Member

You are being a bigot towards bigots :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook