Is Race War Inevitable? - Watch this Youtube Video to Explore the Topic!

• News
  • Thread starter GRB 080319B
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Race
In summary: also when the black lady filming swiftly kicked into gear and robbed some of his stuff from in his bag.
leroyjenkens said:
rev-al-sharpton2.jpg
I had a dog, and his name was bingo!

Physics news on Phys.org
TheStatutoryApe said:
GRB, maybe you can actually discuss the issue here instead of simply posting links and quotes?

I accept the fact that this kind of acrimonious propaganda is being disseminated in colleges and other private institutions: as US citizens, we are http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_assembly" (out of context),
It is a tribute to the First Amendment that this kind of vile, contemptable nonsense is so freely propagated.

My issue is that I do not believe that organizations that preach ethnic cleansing and sedition should be allowed in public schools that are funded by taxpayers. I believe that organizations such as these, as mheslep mentioned, should be admonished as any other hate group would be in this situation. I truly hope that this is only the conjecture of a few deviant professors, and not a symptom of the whole. I implore anyone who has been a member of any of these organizations to step forward and clear the organizations' name, as I don't want to believe that groups like M.E.Ch.A. and La Raza are indoctrinating school children with this kind of unrepentant bigotry.

Last edited by a moderator:
GRB 080319B said:
I accept the fact that this kind of acrimonious propaganda is being disseminated in colleges and other private institutions: as US citizens, we are http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_assembly" (out of context),

My issue is that I do not believe that organizations that preach ethnic cleansing and sedition should be allowed in public schools that are funded by taxpayers. I believe that organizations such as these, as mheslep mentioned, should be admonished as any other hate group would be in this situation. I truly hope that this is only the conjecture of a few deviant professors, and not a symptom of the whole. I implore anyone who has been a member of any of these organizations to step forward and clear the organizations' name, as I don't want to believe that groups like M.E.Ch.A. and La Raza are indoctrinating school children with this kind of unrepentant bigotry.

perhaps you could quote the actual things you believe support your thesis and argue for it, then. because i actually took the time to listen to the guy in your first post, and all that he preached was communism. the rest you had to assume was implied. and so, I've ignored all the rest of your links because it seems like a waste of my time.

GRB 080319B said:

I see some inflammatory rhetoric but I do not see that it is the basis for race war. I have seen similar rhetoric directed towards the "war on drugs" among other things.

Maybe people would be less racist if there were less racism? At work the other day a man called me and asked me to do something about a woman on property who he was certain did not belong. I found a hispanic lady speaking to her friend in spanish and I could not discern any other reason why this man may have believed that she did not belong there other than the fact that she was mexican and speaking spanish. She actually lived there and told me that it has happened to her multiple times now that people reported her as someone who does not belong there. That's pretty sad, and I would be pissed off myself if I were treated like that on a regular basis.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I see some inflammatory rhetoric but I do not see that it is the basis for race war. I have seen similar rhetoric directed towards the "war on drugs" among other things.

Maybe people would be less racist if there were less racism? At work the other day a man called me and asked me to do something about a woman on property who he was certain did not belong. I found a hispanic lady speaking to her friend in spanish and I could not discern any other reason why this man may have believed that she did not belong there other than the fact that she was mexican and speaking spanish. She actually lived there and told me that it has happened to her multiple times now that people reported her as someone who does not belong there. That's pretty sad, and I would be pissed off myself if I were treated like that on a regular basis.

It's not just racism,it's a general sense of "otherness" that people are uncomfortable with. I have been stopped by the police numerous times for complaints of "suspicious behavior" including walking to the gas station to buy cigarettes, going to dunkin donuts to get coffee, buying ice cream (in that case the officer sat in his car and watched me till i finished the ice cream), and sitting in my front lawn drinking a pepsi. I assume that if I didn't have a mohawk and did not dress in punk fashion, these behaviors would not strike people as suspicious.

Galteeth said:
It's not just racism,it's a general sense of "otherness" that people are uncomfortable with. I have been stopped by the police numerous times for complaints of "suspicious behavior" including walking to the gas station to buy cigarettes, going to dunkin donuts to get coffee, buying ice cream (in that case the officer sat in his car and watched me till i finished the ice cream), and sitting in my front lawn drinking a pepsi. I assume that if I didn't have a mohawk and did not dress in punk fashion, these behaviors would not strike people as suspicious.

You are describing xenophobia, not surprising in a world where people are exposed to such variety in their fellow man and woman. I think the only cure is time, exposure, and vigilance to ensure that free speech does not become incitement.

Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr said:
"The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic."

Galteeth said:

This sort of thing is possibly on the way out. Being myself a person in some small position of "authority" and having friends who style pink mohawks while wearing skirts I hardly blink and eye at such things. When I was "public safety" at a college we dealt with all sorts of people from punks to transexuals and at least one of my coworkers was waiting on acceptance to a position in the police force. While he was a conservative fellow I am sure that the humour of dealing with a male in a short skirt flashing his new implants at anyone who he thought might enjoy them probably tempered his reaction to such things.

Back in the day people used to react poorly to me walking down the street in my duster and fedora sporting a skull topped cane. Come to think of it I had some cops stick me up while at work in my security uniform just a couple years ago because they thought I was suspicious. lol

TheStatutoryApe said:
Back in the day people used to react poorly to me walking down the street in my duster and fedora sporting a skull topped cane.
Why? :biggrin:

Race War ?

Race War never stopped but it took another shape ,now people are classifying by race!

some countries in middle east have to this day a religion war -example iraq, ... etc,

but is it real or just a too; to control people using hate , blood and mind

tool*

There was no need to double-post to edit your first post. We have an edit button for that.

On your first point, I don't believe "classifying by race" constitutes a race war. If it does, then every company that follows EOE regulations is involved in the conflict. After all, they all ask for your race and gender (even though it shouldn't matter in the first place). To be honest, I don't even think we should do that. I believe in a color-blind society. However, we do, and I would disagree that such actions constitute any sort of war, or even a conflict.

On your second point, the war in Iraq has little (but not nothing) to do with religion. The so-called "jihadists" use religion to justify their actions, but Islam, Christianity, and Judaism have little to do with it.

Now Israel, on the other hand, is very religion-driven, although there are other significant issues.

On your third point, I'm not sure what you're referencing. Is what real? A race war? Race wars are definitely real... Something else? I just don't know.

sorry for the double post. i wasnt referring to the war in iraq between US and iraq but after the war iraq suffered that kind of war

after the war iraq was divided basing on religion although the ex-regime was doing that ... but after the war some parties of iraq understand that if they want more power in the country this is one of the best methods ... that was ok by some americans too -the final 7 words is an gossip -

GRB, you need to post what is in the links and what about them you wish to discuss. Just posting links is not allowed.

Thanks.

Char. Limit said:
' Take pride in yourself, maybe your nationality, but not your race.

Have you ever noticed that whenever people take pride in anything other than themselves, they can more easily get defensive about critical comments about the identity they identify with? This could be a nation, race, family, school, or branch of science. The question is why people attack and defend on the level of establishing validity for an identity category instead of just attacking people indiscriminately for misbehavior, regardless of group identity.

guys with us around there will be no race war

after i read the post and its reply i believe that there will be none

hagopbul said:

If you think about it, though, any group identity including race holds the potential for instigating and organizing wars. What is war usually except organizing two or more factions of individuals into collectivist ideologies of hate and mutual destruction or domination? Without group identities, people would not be able to organize into factions (at least I don't think it would be possible otherwise) and without the ideologies of difference between factions, you couldn't convince people that people of other factions represented characteristics that they find negative and avoid in themselves.

The question is why people propagate ideology that promotes factionalism and the potential for collective violence? Yes, there is the idea that having an externalized enemy threat builds solidarity "internally," but this never really works because it's never really possible to control the hate and limit it to the enemy. Hate festers in people and seeks expression. If they can't find the enemy they blame, it comes out in other ways.

Another reason might be that if you can instigate groupist violence to a certain level, you can cause people to organize themselves into separate territories, which makes it easier to "divide and conquer." I think some people globally reflexively fear what they perceive to be big powerful nations and such people have an interest in those nations being plagued with internal factionalism. If people would just accept that ultimately even the nations are just factions that prevent people from orienting to life and each other on an individual basis, I don't think the fear and instigation of faction-forming and war would be necessary - but maybe this is naive and there are other functions of war - i.e. factional war as opposed to diffuse wars like wars on drugs and terrorism - i.e. wars that organize people into collectives and pit the collectives against each other such as international wars and interracial (race) wars.