Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rack and pinion calculation

1. Jun 16, 2015 #1
    Hii,
    Can anyone help me in designing rack and pinion gears and their formulae....steering ratio of my steering=9.23 ,the load that on front =1500N...I.e.,load to move by pinion ,torque on pinion is 9Nm...that torque was caluclated based on tyre pressure ,friction between tyres,front axle max load,i.e., T=(2*co-efficient of friction*Wf^1.5)/(√(π*p))....was that correct??....c factor =2.19 in . (c factor = 2*module*Zp(pinion teeth)) ...pls help in module finding,teeth selection on pinion,pitch,i heard linear force,speed of pinion ,linear speed of rack...((angular velocity of pinion/linear velocity of rack)=1/radius of pinion) are all required for designing ryt....i dont know how to caluclate linear force those and all....plz help ....I m almost in deadline...hope someone will lift me... Tq :)

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 16, 2015 #2

Baluncore

Science Advisor

4. Jun 16, 2015 #3
    I have to submit my reports by end of this month...nd I have started new thread with the values I have..
    Help me to step forward

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook