1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Radar question

1. Jul 28, 2016 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    An experiment probes a coherent process and the receiver is coherent. The autocorrelation function and the spectral density function are estimated and transformaed into atmospheric parameters. See Table 1 below

1) Calculate the maximum velocity (in m/s) that may be represented by the spectral density function.

2) What is the minimum difference in velocity that can be resolves by this system ?

3) 500 m resolution is archieved by using 13 bit Barker code. What is the pulse length ?

Tabel 1.

PRF [Hz] 1200
    No. of coherent
    integrations 32
    Resolution [m] 500
    Lag resolution [ms] 24.6
    Nr of bits in code 13
    Maximum lag [s ] 25
    Operating frequency 45

2. Relevant equations

v = f*λ (1)

3. The attempt at a solution

1)
    How can i do this when i don't know the wavelength ? Should i suppose that the maximum velocity is the speed of light ?

2)
    How can i know the minimum velocity here ?

3)
    What should i do here ?

I dont know were the black lines comes from ? <Moderator's note: [s ] was interpreted as a BB code>

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 28, 2016 #2

marcusl

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The maximum velocity is related to the resolution and sampling properties of the signal and of the computed quantities (like PSD).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted